Liam from Oasis slagging off U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm thinking that U2 were watching the footage after the Chicago shows? anyways, what an asshat. no wonder U2 is the biggest band in the world. . . they're not like Liam Gallagher

Well... frankly I'm not surprised. Liam has always been a 'I don't give a fuck about the audience... rock n roll should come from the crotch and not from the brain' kinda guy.... just like Jim Morrisson. Of course he's gonna say this.

Oasis are good an all (musically) but I definatly wouldn't be mates with them, they seem to turn on people in an instant!

It's LIAM GALLAGHER.
a) All he's got is his headlines. Noel is where the talent is.
b) The Gallagher brothers entire stick is having a go at people. You'll notice that it's pretty much always people they are good friends with, and most of all, it's usually aimed at each other.
c) Even the people who are on the receiving end of a Gallagher spray usually just laugh it off. It's called piss taking.
d) Appropriate reaction = :laugh:

Maybe that's why Oasis is one of the most boring live bands out there. Liam never moves from the microphone while singing, you know why? Absolute fear. The new album is great though. :up:

Liam takes ball, runs off the pitch with it. Again.

How original, he's never done that before.

um what the hell? so the hell what if they watched the footage. whats wrong with that? it was probably in regards to the DVD thing. Liam is an idiot. always will be an idiot. i thought he and bono were buddies?

yeah, lets see oasis actually write a song that doesnt sound like crows being massacred, and sounding the same each and every album and song. its total shit. it isnt music.. its just wretched noise and worthless, depthless ignorant attitude.

so this asshole makes that comment about the "edge solo" thing and how thats not rock n roll. hmm well... whats his excuse? i guess he thinks cursing like a mentally deranged asshole and getting into bar fights every week and cheating on his girlfriends/wives is a way to get out there in the public. his music cant do it on itw own so he resorts to that shit. yeah... before he makes a statement about U2 like that he should do something about his own band's problem.

Earnie Shavers said:
a) All he's got is his headlines. Noel is where the talent is. [/B]

Can't say I agree. Oasis wouldn't be half as memorable as they are without the wail of Liam. Noel just can't do it.

i dont get it though. is there something previously going around regarding this "u2 watching their own footage" thing besides this? it comes out of nowhere.. so im not sure why this would make some asshole this angry.

MattFromNYC said:
i guess he thinks cursing like a mentally deranged asshole and getting into bar fights every week and cheating on his girlfriends/wives is a way to get out there in the public. his music cant do it on itw own so he resorts to that shit.

Yes, exactly Liam, is a sad person who very possibly has psychological problems which may very well go back to his troubled youth (witnessing domestic abuse, etc).

Because of his macho posturing and "hard" working class upbringing he cannot allow himself to get help for his problems (e.g., counselling, etc).

Accordingly, it is pointless to get pissed off at his demented outbursts, as he is more to be pitied than envied.

the tourist said:

Can't say I agree. Oasis wouldn't be half as memorable as they are without the wail of Liam. Noel just can't do it.

Not to mention Liam is becoming quite the songwriter himself..

(I can never quite work out if Oasis and U2 get on, I've seen the former slag off/praise the latter in equal measure!)

the tourist said:
Hey look! Another "let's bash Oasis!" thread. How typical.

To be fair, its a U2 forum and U2 is being bashed, there is going to be some sniping back isn't there? Some of the anti-Oasis sentiment on this thread is retarded and ill-informed though!;)

Sleep Over Jack said:

Not to mention Liam is becoming quite the songwriter himself..

(I can never quite work out if Oasis and U2 get on, I've seen the former slag off/praise the latter in equal measure!)

Seemingly Adam Clayton stole a few packs of Liam's cigarettes back in '95 when Oasis played in Ireland. I honestly wouldn't past Liam to hold a grudge over it.

Noel is a U2 fan, Liam less so.

It's Liam. What else can you say? I've seen numerous pics of the Oasis bros and U2 drinking and having a good time and I've heard of them talking frequently. Liam's just being Liam. He knows they finally put out another decent album so he's going to take the ego up a notch.

By the way — Liam has the biggest eyebrows. EVER. :yikes:

Earnie Shavers said:
It's LIAM GALLAGHER.
a) All he's got is his headlines. Noel is where the talent is.
b) The Gallagher brothers entire stick is having a go at people. You'll notice that it's pretty much always people they are good friends with, and most of all, it's usually aimed at each other.
c) Even the people who are on the receiving end of a Gallagher spray usually just laugh it off. It's called piss taking.
d) Appropriate reaction = :laugh:

Yeah, well said. Liam's always slagging everyone off & 'taking the piss' & I think that's half of Oasis' appeal. In fact there's a lad's magazine out this week (called ZOO weekly) in UK with the title Oasis VS The World. It says :

"The Gallghers love a fight - and don't really care who with. Here, in quote form, are Noel & Liam pulling no punches" :

Radiohead (Liam) : "bunch of f***ing students. I'll kick their f**ing heads in man, because they're dicks."

Chris Martin : "Knobhead student - he looks like a Geography teacher" (Liam)

Bono (again) : "You see pictures of Bono running around LA with his little white legs and a bottle of Volvic and he looks like a fanny." (Liam)

+ Blur, George Harrison, The Stones, Franz Ferdinand etc etc.

Personnally I just take it all with a pinch of salt & find them quite amusing : I mean someones got to take the piss.

And anyway they love U2 really.

:wink:

edge3 said:
Bono (again) : "You see pictures of Bono running around LA with his little white legs and a bottle of Volvic and he looks like a fanny." (Liam)

That one is actually quite funny.:laugh:

edge3 said:

Yeah, well said. Liam's always slagging everyone off & 'taking the piss' & I think that's half of Oasis' appeal. In fact there's a lad's magazine out this week (called ZOO weekly) in UK with the title Oasis VS The World. It says :

"The Gallghers love a fight - and don't really care who with. Here, in quote form, are Noel & Liam pulling no punches" :

Radiohead (Liam) : "bunch of f***ing students. I'll kick their f**ing heads in man, because they're dicks."

Chris Martin : "Knobhead student - he looks like a Geography teacher" (Liam)

+ Blur, George Harrison, The Stones, Franz Ferdinand etc etc.

Personnally I just take it all with a pinch of salt & find them quite amusing : I mean someones got to take the piss.

And anyway they love U2 really.

:wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

His quotes are legendary! at least he is a personality in these times of bland-rockers and kiss-asses..

Exactly. The point is the attention they get. Everyone crying about the quote in here is the point of him saying it. It's not real, not genuine, it's just their thing. Liam Gallagher simply wouldn't be "Liam Gallagher" if he wasn't doing that. I think he's a very funny guy, and if anyone, a fan or the subject of his spray, took his comments seriously and actually took offense, then the joke is most certainly on them.

i wonder how serious is he when he makes these types of comments. i surely don't take them seriously anymore, especially when liam talks shit about EVERYONE and their mothers. liam's (and noel's) shit-talking was more of a big deal back in the oasis vs. blur days, but now it's just straight up funny.

MattFromNYC said:
um what the hell? so the hell what if they watched the footage. whats wrong with that? it was probably in regards to the DVD thing. Liam is an idiot. always will be an idiot. i thought he and bono were buddies?

yeah, lets see oasis actually write a song that doesnt sound like crows being massacred, and sounding the same each and every album and song. its total shit. it isnt music.. its just wretched noise and worthless, depthless ignorant attitude.

so this asshole makes that comment about the "edge solo" thing and how thats not rock n roll. hmm well... whats his excuse? i guess he thinks cursing like a mentally deranged asshole and getting into bar fights every week and cheating on his girlfriends/wives is a way to get out there in the public. his music cant do it on itw own so he resorts to that shit. yeah... before he makes a statement about U2 like that he should do something about his own band's problem.

why does anyone care what other bands say about U2 in fact why does anyone care what anyone says about U2? You guys aren't in U2 so why be bothered? They're not your mates you don't have to stand up for them. People seem to take insults to bands they like so personally!

LOL at this quote by Liam...

"I just want to make a great rock record. I don't want to write loads of weird shit. I don't want anyone stroking their beard listening to our music."

Actually, taken in context, one could look at the Liam bashing of U2 as being complimentary. Though I vote more for taking the piss out of U2 as being more likely. To some degree there is some truth to what he says.

who the fuck cares if i or anyone gets pissy about them bashing U2. im just pissed off in general and of people like Liam in my own life that piss me off. im just curious why some human nature is so ignorant. who the fuck cares if they looked at a video of their damned concert. are they saying that bono actually made a comment about edge's guitar solo? how do they know of them reviewing this anyway? were they there?

but, liam's quote about bono and the white legs thing is funny though. i always thought maybe liam had a secret crush on bono.

Last edited:
Bill Flanagan mentioned the U2 work ethic in "At The End of The World". Just shows that they haven't changed, they still work very hard at what they do.

If Liam can't respect that, that's his problem.

I don't think Liam actually likes music, or listens to music. I think he likes beer. And tits. And that's it.

He actually thinks he's the greatest rock star ever from Britain? Only someone ignorant of all British rock could make such a statement.

echo0001 said:
Bill Flanagan mentioned the U2 work ethic in "At The End of The World". Just shows that they haven't changed, they still work very hard at what they do.

If Liam can't respect that, that's his problem.

Liam's got a brother. He does all the work.

Back
Top Bottom