Liam from Oasis slagging off U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's unfortunate that the world decided to hate Oasis after the release of Be Here Now.

There really isn't anything wrong with Standing on the Shoulders of Giants or Be Here Now.

Awesome craftmanship on both albums: Dyou know what I mean, My Big Mouth, I Hope I Think I Know, Be Here Now, Put yer money where yer mouth is, Gas Panic, Where di it all go wrong, sunday morning call....all sweet sounding music.

Haven't heard Heathen Chemistry yet.

If Oasis is not your kinda music, and the way the band behaves means more to you than the music they produce, than they are not your cup of tea.

Nevertheless, they are a band that has the power to write moving and thrilling music.

financeguy said:
Yes, exactly Liam, is a sad person who very possibly has psychological problems which may very well go back to his troubled youth (witnessing domestic abuse, etc).

Because of his macho posturing and "hard" working class upbringing he cannot allow himself to get help for his problems (e.g., counselling, etc).

You probably hit the nail on the head there, financeguy.

The fact remains that no matter how tough they had it, Liam and Noel aren't the only ones who grew up in that situation... loads of us have had it much worse. We don't all go around talking out of our backsides and starting a fight with anyone who happens to look at us, which is what Liam seemed to do for years. A dick is a dick is a dick, regardless of the reason behind it.

Having said all that... he DID have a lousy childhood by all accounts:
* When asked if the Gallagher brothers could ever forgive their abusive father, they said 'no'. Liam said one of his worst memories growing up was when he watched his father hit his mother with a hammer. Mother Peggy then rescued all three brothers and live alone without their father.
http://wave.prohosting.com/madferit/info.html

Obviously, we're all different and react to abuse and hardship in our own way - I certainly sympathise with the Gallaghers there. It's still no excuse for Liam's moronic behaviour. I guess that somewhere deep down, he's always going to be that scared little boy who feels he has to fight for everything.

Last edited:
MattFromNYC said:
um what the hell? so the hell what if they watched the footage. whats wrong with that? it was probably in regards to the DVD thing. Liam is an idiot. always will be an idiot. i thought he and bono were buddies?

One thing I'd like to point out... all has been very quiet on the Oasis fromt for a fair while. A few months ago Liam was barely doing anything newsworthy, unless you count pushing the trolley round Sainsbury's while chatting affectionately to his lady, and declaring that nappy changing is rock'n'roll. That made me giggle - I thought it was an amusing and smart comment.

All of a sudden, the album release date, looms... and guess what? Gallagher the Younger is back as the devil incarnate, Noel takes off his slippers and flatcap for the first time since 2002, and the country goes into Hooligan Watch mode. Both have been very vocal lately, with Liam bitching about everyone he can think of, to draw attention to the album. How convenient the timing was!

Oasis and U2 have, reportedly, been friends for a long time. I reckon that Liam said all that nonsense about the band for attention, again. Look at how they link up: U2 are on tour, getting tons of publicity... Oasis are associated with U2 from the PopMart tour... Bono says he was inspired to write One Step Closer after talking to Noel... etc.

LIAM'S A RELATIVE GENIUS!

THE incredible revelation that Liam Gallagher's IQ is in the same ballpark as Einstein's made watching the first airing of Bob Mortimer's new show '29 Minutes of Fame' (BBC1, Friday) almost worthwhile.

This quiz, which marks the first solo effort from Vic Reeves' comedy partner, can best be described as 'Hello meets Have I Got News For You'. Two teams answer questions about celebrities, and the winner of each round has to choose an ideal dinner guest from a choice of two people (the other team has to take the rejected guest).

In a sneaky twist, those taking part do not know on what basis the guests will be judged to provide the winning combination.

Last Friday, for example, captain Jo Brand's team chose a line-up including Einstein, Gandhi and Bill Clinton, while rival Alastair McGowan was left with the apparent no-hoper group that included Liam Gallagher and Carol Smillie.

Imagine the surprise when it was revealed that the guests were being judged on the total of their IQ count - and McGowan's 'dullards' scored the highest!
http://www.thisiswirral.co.uk/wirral/entertainment/cktv/ENTERTAINMENT_CKTV7.html

I used to think that Liam was, basically, pigshit thick. It wasn't until I heard a comment he made about the Bible that I twigged. Here:

" If I die and there's something afterwards, I'm going to hell, not heaven. I mean, the devil's got all the good gear. What's God got? The Inspiral Carpets and nuns. F that.
Jesus was a geezer and that, but it's sad the Bible's got no pictures, ,so I don't know he exists. If a books got no pictures you can fuck right off!"

I think that he's putting a LOT of it on - nobody can be that stupid.

Couldn't sleep - 3 days now dammit - wwhich is why I'm baaaaaaack.

Sleep Over Jack said:
Yeah right, that why Liam wrote about 50+ tunes for the latest album.
:cool:

Hang on... the man can write? I thought you had to be able to READ to learn to write?

Liam can really belt out a tune. Fellow Manc Ian Brown can't hold a note to save his life... but Liam's still an Ian Brown wannabe, in terms of his onstage act. Only without the charisma that Brown once had. :shrug: Boooooooooring! Next?

Meant it in the spirit of taking the piss. of course.

Especially this time. I mean, it's the dude from Oasis. Come on. When isn't this guy slagging off other artists to get media attention? And you know why he does it? He does it because people like a lot of the ones on these boards get completely riled up because of it, which gets Oasis that much more press (you know what they say - there's no such thing as bad press!).

Some of the crap he comes out with has me in stitches. Especially when he and Noel get together and start yapping on about this one and that one and the other one and how shit they all are.

Originally posted by MrBrau1

HE'S LIAM GALLAGHER.

THIS IS WHAT HE DOES.

I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE STILL GET WORKED UP OVER HIM.

It's like when people get on U2's case for being too earnest. THEY'RE FUCKING U2, THAT'S WHY, YOU IDIOTS.

:lmao:Out of interest - did anyone here actually waste money on that Wibbling Rivalry interview that was released on CD, and charted? I'm happy to say that (much as I liked Oasis at the time) I had more sense.

I think that was the interview where Liam got the arse because the critic Johnny Cigarettes said their latest song was crap. Liam threatened to bottle him. The interviewer pointed out that Johnny Cigarettes is 6'5" tall.

Did that phase the baboon one bit? Of course not! He just came back with, "Well, I'll stand on a fookin' chair and bottle him then won't I!"

I laughed myself hoarse at that one!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom