"Levitate" appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
this song.....I love it.

should've been on ATYCLB.

why oh why?

my 2Cents.

The best from ATYCLB... great drum "solo" (?)... very POP, if you know what I mean... to bad that U2 turned in bad direction making this album...
TGBHF, Stateless and Levitate, Flower Child (sooo much better than Wild Honey)... this realy - at some point - could've been a realy great album... even if not "great" than at least not "BritneyPop" style...:tsk:

Levitate:up:

(BTW, we only need more than 15 or 17 replies and this thread will be longer than 'Stuck In A Moment' appreciation thread...:laugh: :p :lol: ...but honestly, are you surprised?)

Love this song. It's my favorite by far of the ATYCLB "outtakes". I wish it had made it onto an album, or even as a B-side for a single. It deserves to be heard.

Love Levitate. I've always seen it as the transition song from Pop to ATYCLB. It's got a little of both (except sort of in reverse chronological order) and I would have loved it on ATYCLB as sort of a example of how they've progressed back to their own sound naturally and not regressed forcefully.

Originally posted by trashdaveed
Love Levitate. I've always seen it as the transition song from Pop to ATYCLB. It's got a little of both (except sort of in reverse chronological order) and I would have loved it on ATYCLB as sort of a example of how they've progressed back to their own sound naturally and not regressed forcefully.

exactly.

trashdaveed said:
Love Levitate. I've always seen it as the transition song from Pop to ATYCLB.

In that digital booklet that goes with the U2 iPod Edge says "songs like Levitate from the POP sessions which just don´t fit in". I like Levitate very much, my fave from that Unreleased & Rare collection.

MT

Any of you all think it has a chance of getting re-worked or something for another possible album?:drool: :drool: :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Any of you all think it has a chance of getting re-worked or something for another possible album?:drool: :drool: :drool:

I think it already has....some think it eventually evolved into Miracle Drug.

It is done. A b-side... actualy only an outtake has a longer "appreciation thread" than Stuck In A Moment...
:up:
Now if that isn't saying something about Stuck...:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom