levitate and love you like mad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Levitate, perhaps! I'd have loved to have heard that on the album as it's one of my favourites and had that been on the album when an impressionable little me bought it at 11 years old five years ago, I would have been dead impressed! :wink:

yeah

The line 'To be the bee and the flower, before the sweetness turns to Sour' eventually turned up in 'Always' too.

ImOuttaControl said:
Good b-sides, but they're not better than anything on ATYCLB IMO.

In your opinion fair enough, but I reckon Levitate and Love You Like Mad could well be better than Grace. I'm just really glad that in the UK The Ground Beneath Her Feet was the last track - a far superior close to the album, I think.

Yeah, that's how it closes in the UK! It really is a much stronger and better ending to the album. Stick it onto the end in iTunes and update your iPod :) Or do it as a playlist if you don't wanna change your album.

Sorry to go off topic, but am I the only one who thinks that Grace had a little bit too much to do with Brian Eno and not enough to do with U2? That's the impression I get when I listen to it, and I think it's all the weaker for it too.

ive never listened to grace for more than a minute....one of the corniest lines ever written by bono makes me cringe..."grace. its the name of a girl". holy shit!!!ground breaking news!! there are girls in the world named grace? lol.

NYRangers78 said:
ive never listened to grace for more than a minute....one of the corniest lines ever written by bono makes me cringe..."grace. its the name of a girl". holy shit!!!ground breaking news!! there are girls in the world named grace? lol.

You say that Levitate and Love You Like Mad would be better closers than Grace, yet you also say that you've never listened to Grace for more than a minute? :eyebrow:

Grace is a beautiful ending to the record.

Levitate on the other hand is just a bunch of rehashed lyrics from other U2 songs to different (cheesy IMO) beat and synths. Love You Like Mad on the other hand does have some potential, but I don't think it would have really fit with the feeling on and would have been pretty out of place on either ATYCLB or HTDAAB.

"It's also a thought that changed the world."

Upon being asked what separates Christianity from all other religions, C.S. Lewis replied, "Grace".

I think the main problem Grace has is that many listeners will not understand the message of the song, and mistake it for mindless drivel.

you guys are right...i should def give more of a listen to it ....the problem is that i like to hear certain songs when im on the bus goign to work and i always choose other songs to put me in a good mood before work instead of songs like grace...but i will give a listen.

ImOuttaControl said:

You say that Levitate and Love You Like Mad would be better closers than Grace

I never said that, I only said I thought they were better songs than Grace. What I said was a better ending was The Ground Beneath Her Feet. I'm not suggesting that you'd just swap Grace for one of them, but maybe remove Grace and find somewhere on the record for one of the others. Or just remove Grace.

I don't hate the song, it's ok, I just find it rather weak compared to the rest of the record, but that's how U2 made the record so I'm happy with it.

I actually like a lot of the lyrics too, it's the music that I find least interesting - it mostly plods and nothing happens. Like I said, I think Eno had too much influence on that track with all it's ethereal sounds.

And this is all just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom