Letters to Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
Letters to Bono (comedy)

OK I have this incredibly silly thing that has snowballed into something absolutely hilarious and I had to share it here.

So it all started out with me writing these silly little letters to Bono in my livejournal. The first one was just "Dear Bono, How many stamps do you have on your passport? I have four. Love, Bridget." But the 2nd one was longer.

Dear Bono,

I saw you on TV once in an Apple commercial. Can I be in one too?

I was listening to your Rolling Stone interview Podcast today. It is good so far. It is really long. You must have read a lot of books cuz you have a lot to say. So do I. Sup loquacious buddy? I also noticed you like Apple. I like Apple too. I got iLife '06 today and it is awesome. Do you want to subscribe to my Favorite Macy Photos? Thats my niece. She is awesome.

Also I was watching My Name is Earl today and they mentioned "That guy from U2 who does all those charities." Do you know who they were talking about?

I think it is cool that you are friends with Steve Jobs. I would like to be his friend too but mostly I would like to be yours. I went to Europe and paid a lot of money to see your concert and other concerts of yours like 10 times or 7 and you saw me I think but you didn't say anything. I tried to strike up a conversation but you seem like a very distractable person and the room was kind of noisy. Don't worry,, i didn't take it personally. Anyway I thought I would take the direct approach. Do you want to by my friends?

Circle YES or NO.

Thanks,

Bridgie

So then fellow u2 fan friend Richard responded, "I DARE you to put it in an envelope and write 'BONO, IRELAND' on it and send it." I remember reading in the Bill Flanagan book that letters that just said "Bono, Ireland" on it actually have gotten to him. So I was like, alright.

86102257_e558391b65.jpg

And of course I couldn't send it without putting shamrock confetti in it!

And so then these 2 guys from another (non U2-related) forum that I frequent decided to read it aloud Jerry Jackson style. It's hysterical:

http://s49.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=1EE8JHLGGO6T50FMJNB05HRY6U

Last edited:
Bwahaha! So cute. :lmao:

You should try addressing it "Mr. Bono". He seems to like that(re: Conan interview) :wink:

LightMyWay60 said:
Haha that hilarious, please tell us if you find out if the letter ever gets to him!! :giggle:

Haha totally. It would be the most hilarious thing ever. I'm sure it'll take a year or so to recieve a response, though.

Back
Top Bottom