Let's Wager Some Money / First single release speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The one good thing was you were allowed unlimited food on your break. Shame I dont like Mc Donalds food. :lmao:

Some guy apparantly got sacked for taking a bottle of mineral water. Seems the healthy stuff is a no go. :yikes:

Anybody care to let the band know they're behind schedule?

It's encouraging in a way though; it indicates a less formulaic approach. Or maybe they're just a step behind schedule for the March release. Ah well.

Really though, it's time for a single. We're 8 short weeks away.
:applaud:

It's sems to be talking about a competition being run from 5th to 25th January where you can win U2's back catalogue, an ipod and a trip to Dublin.

Didn't see or hear anything about the new single. Any French people around here.

They're currently playing U2 though

Hi! I'm French, and I listen to that station, and they're not talking about the new single or the new album, but they do play a lot of U2 regularly and often say they're the best or greatest band in the world. But I haven't heard them saying when they will play the new song.
I agree with teddyinlet, I think we will hear it after this game, probably Monday 26, just a guess...

This is 'just' a game where you can win a trip to "their hotel" in Dublin, an iPod and all their albums, and 1000€ to shop there, if you call them after hearing 2 U2 songs in a row (I'm not sure about that word, sorry if that doesn't make sense...)

Well I know U2 won't release the song in the U.S. on or around that time because of the Obama inauguration....nobody in the media(print,radio,TV) will be paying attention to anything else

How do you know that????

sorry, but this makes ZERO sense.

I don't understand why people keep insisting that U2's moves are based off of or revolving around President-Elect Obama.

Well, I think that's actually a decent point. Maybe a bit overstated, but still important. If U2 want the radio release of their single to be any kind of event, they should probably steer clear of the inauguration.

Well, I think that's actually a decent point. Maybe a bit overstated, but still important. If U2 want the radio release of their single to be any kind of event, they should probably steer clear of the inauguration.

how about to premiere the song at the election ceremony, just after presidential swearing everybody wil pay attention to the single, should be no 1 even on rubbish billboard list!

sometimes some peoples opinion in here are just hillariuos:wave:

how about to premiere the song at the election ceremony, just after presidential swearing everybody wil pay attention to the single, should be no 1 even on rubbish billboard list!

sometimes some peoples opinion in here are just hillariuos:wave:

Ha! Well Obama was playing a lot of COBL at his rallies. But I don't think GYBO has the right vibe for that type of event, unfortunately.

I don't know how much help this is, but I e-mailed the local radio station in the Philly area (99.3 WMMR) who usually has all the U2 exclusives. They were actually playing all of HTDAAB the weekend before it came out in the states. Anyway, I asked him about the new single and heres what he said.

Greetings Citizen!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 12:51 PM
From: "Pierre Robert" <pierre@wmmr.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: "'airmarci9o0@yahoo.com'" <airmarci9o0@yahoo.com>
Hey Chris,

Thanks for writing me here at 'MMR! In your note you asked about the upcoming U2 album and if we'll be playing the first single from it soon. The answer to that is I don't know. The record label (Interscope) told me that they aren't sure when the single will be available for radio play. I'm guessing it will be soon but I have no proof to support that claim. Keep the radio tuned into 'MMR and we'll get it on once we get it. Thanks again for writing and I hope you're having a happy day!

Cheers,

Pierre

Anyway...I guess the label itself doesn't know when they'll be releasing it yet. Not a good sign :slant:

Back
Top Bottom