Let's Take A Moment Today To Remember....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Today is the third anniversary of the terrorist attacks.

Here's a picture of the Christmas tree that is at the WTC site.

imdf07122001214303a.jpg

We'll never forget those towers or the people in them. Take this bin Laden, you suck.
yr44689.jpg

I'm sorry to say this, but how come when someone puts a beautiful thread like this one, someone has to put something that is very inappropriate in it. I just don't understand that.

I, for one, would like to simply take the time to reflect on those lost in this great tragedy, and remember today how much we really need each other, and how the families of those victims will be spending their Christmas without loved ones...that is where are hearts and minds should be this Christmas season.

Chris

------------------
"That's what's happening to U2 on tour in the United States at the moment - we're just a conduit for all this joy and hope and despair and it's all coming out - People say, 'Oh, Rock and Roll is great - just takes people's minds off of it' - No. That is not our job. Our job is to take people's minds through it." --Bono's take on the Elevation Tour since 9/11

frown.gif

We're one but we're not the same
We get to carry each other, carry each other
ONE.......
LOVE......

God Bless you all......

dougal *bows his head*

Spanisheyes were your referring to me with your 'inappropriate' statement? I'm sorry I had no idea anyone would take it that way. I thought it would be popular and appreciated or I would not have done it. If I have offended you somehow I'm certainly sorry as that was not my intent.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

God bless everyone in New York..the families and victims of this awful event are always in our hearts and prayers...God speed...

And I know it aches
And your heart it breaks
You can only take so much
Walk on

Leave it behind
You've got to leave it behind

Peace on Earth!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

The tree is beautiful with the angels and all.
frown.gif

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I'm not american, still I feel the sorrow, last night in the Dolphins-Colts game, Dolphins QB, Jay Fiedler leaded the Dolphins onto the field carrying an American flag recently flown over Afghanistan on a U.S. military combat mission.
That is what has to remain the solidarity and support.

fromthegame5889.jpg

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Thanks for starting such a beautiful thread, Gina, those pictures from the WTC site are so touching. It's quite hard to think that while we are all enjoying the holiday season, there are sooooo many families suffering, and will spend their 1st Xmas without their loved ones. It's also hard to imagine all those amazing rescuers,(heroes) still there, day and night working away. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved during this holiday season.

wow.....

has it been 3 months already??? goodness...
frown.gif
frown.gif

i still remember being at work...a co-worker getting the news over the phone from her...everyone huddled around PCs and radios in utter shock....our VP calling a group meeting....they let us go home...the streets were empty....people in other cars looked shell-shocked...I spent the rest of the day GLUED to my TV, my mouth agape, my heart breaking over and over...

still so incredibly unbelievable....

Back
Top Bottom