Let's quit complaining...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonator

The Fly
I'm sick of all the bitching on this forum. It's making me so sick that now I have to start bitching. Let's complain about the Best of CD when we have them and we know the tracklist for sure.

Isn't it a valid thing to complain about the tracklist? We already do have the tracklist.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

jick said:
Isn't it a valid thing to complain about the tracklist? We already do have the tracklist.

Well, it is what it is. How is complaining going to change it? Actions speak louder than words anyway - if it's a poor tracklisting, less people will buy the CD. Don't buy it if you don't like it!

We've all been waiting for big new U2 news like this so that we could get more good U2 discussion going.........too bad so many of the comments have been negative!

Personally, I'm so excited for the Best Of!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!!! :D

Well the playlist doesn't seem official since it has already been changed, so I don't think it is appropiate to be tearing it down already. Such negativity in the air. :banghead:

In my opinion this is the perfect place to comlain about the track list. U2 afficionados complaining to others, who else would listen.

As a matter of fact I DO NOT LIKE THE TRACK LIST
I think they have left off some important songs from their carrer just to push forward others...

I too am sick of the complaining.

I guess I've always been a fair weather fan when it comes to U2. Everything that they do makes me like them even more.

But the way some people tear them apart on this forum, I sometimes wonder why they are fans in the first place.

mikal said:
I too am sick of the complaining.

I guess I've always been a fair weather fan when it comes to U2. Everything that they do makes me like them even more.

But the way some people tear them apart on this forum, I sometimes wonder why they are fans in the first place.

:confused: If you like everything they do, how are you a fair weather fan?

And I agree with the second thing you said. There's a difference between debating and pissing and moaning...

wertsie said:

:confused: If you like everything they do, how are you a fair weather fan?

And I agree with the second thing you said. There's a difference between debating and pissing and moaning...

That came out wrong. I'm a little hungover.

I meant that I'm a little more optimistic than most fans.

I'am sick of all the threads complaining about the amount of complaining!! LOL ;) (for the easily offended, this is a joke, no other purpose, meaning or connotation is to be derived from it!)

As stated before there is nothing wrong with a difference of opinion or a healthy debate. I remember the GA versus reserved seating discussion we had prior to the Elevation tour. There was some heated discussion about that but it remained for the most part very civil and a very good debate and discussion. But when people approach things from the "it stinks" or"they suck" perspective that is when there is a problem. IE if you dont like the track listing that is fine. Explain why logically and give examples of what you think should be there and why. Not, "I'am pissed about the track listing, it sucks".

Along the same lines but from the other perspective I have noticed as of late that we have alot of people that do seem to be easily offended and take alot of this way to seriously. I think some of us need to keep the whole thing in perspective. Being a fan is suppose to be fun and not taken so seriously. If someone has to be blunt to squash ridiculous rumors that some automatically believe on the net, it doesnt mean they are trying to insult anyone, it is more to bring people back to earth and look at things from a more realistic perspective.

Things are not bad here at this point but there seems to be trend in this direction. Alot of you may remember the U2 Universe forum?? That forum basically imploded because people became this way, took it to seriously, and had people purposely try to offend at the end. I think Wire suffered a similiar fate although not to the same degree. I would hate to see that happen to this forum as it is definately the best U2 board out there.

So off my soap box, I'am sure some of you will disagree with me. But that is what debate is all about.

***disclaimer, I'am not directing this at anyone in particular, so dont take this as a personal attack or slam!****

Blue Room said:
So off my soap box, I'am sure some of you will disagree with me. But that is what debate is all about.

***disclaimer, I'am not directing this at anyone in particular, so dont take this as a personal attack or slam!****

No, actually, I think you put that really well!

When I think about it, what good does it do for people like me to complain about the complaining? Aren't we only adding to the madness? :yes:

:hug: Everybody just remember this...We're here because we are FANS of U2!

mikal said:

That came out wrong. I'm a little hungover.

I meant that I'm a little more optimistic than most fans.

:up: We should all be so optimistic! For crying out loud, we're talking about the best band in the world here!

wertsie said:

:up: We should all be so optimistic! For crying out loud, we're talking about the best band in the world here!

Actually I have to disagree with you....They're not the best band in the world. Creed is the best band in the world. Go Creed! Yee haw!

:laugh: :shocked:

tackleberry said:

Actually I have to disagree with you....They're not the best band in the world. Creed is the best band in the world. Go Creed! Yee haw!

:ohmy: Feeling...Ill...Excuse me for a moment...:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...MUCH better!

The only way I will ever "bitch" about U2 is if they stop making music ala the police. As long as they keep releasing new stuff-I'm happy. They haven't disappointed me yet. On the other hand-I respect other people's opnions-so if you hate the tracklist go ahead and bitch!

Hell, I think the only thing I could complain about is the B-Sides cd, it pales in comparison to the B-side cd that was included with the original Best Of. But oh well. In all honesty the songs I felt that should have been included on the new b-side cd, I already have them. As for the Best Of tracklisting? I don't care about what was left off too, I own the damn songs, I am more interested in hearing the 2 new songs and the new remixed songs. That's the selling point to me. I want to hear the new Staring at The Sun, I have a feeling it will sound awsome.

tackleberry said:

Sends tackleberry to be debrainwashed.....

repeat after me "Creed is lame, their music is a rip off of Pearl Jam and U2, Scott Stapp is evil incarnate"

say that about 100 times and you will be all better.

daisybean said:

repeat after me "Creed is lame, their music is a rip off of Pearl Jam and U2, Scott Stapp is evil incarnate"

say that about 100 times and you will be all better.

:ohmy: You mean you don't absolutely LOVE the way Scott Stapp pretends like he's being blown away by the wind by stretching out his arms behind his back? :lol:

:lol: Why doesn't Scott Stapp just LET the frickin' wind blow him away?

Okay...that's all I'm gonna say on the subject...seriously...

Back
Top Bottom