Lets Name the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when ever i read 'full metal jacket' as the album title, i cant help but get a vision of joker dodging sniper bullets and american troops gettin shot down in vietnam...i dont know if i care for that thought every time i see or hear the album.

for those who didnt undertand that, that was referring to the kubrick film FMJ.

who knows maybe the band just went through another huge change and embraces anger so they can rock out. i wont say no to 'jacket' in that case. i just dont see them borrowing word for word the title to someone elses work, even if its film.

rabnax said:
Most bands do an eponymous album at some point. Maybe it should just be called U2.

I really hope U2 never ever do that.

I like the idea of Solar Winter as title. Contradiction is balance.

maybe they called call it "Crap"
bono said that they always give a dodgey name to an album, so then the media thinks its crap , when acturly its a great album for example pop, weird title for rock band, great album.

if the album was made up of songs left off ATYCLB behind, why not call it "All that we did leave behind" :)

i would love something more political, critical but from a positive point of view as bono does it better than anyone. Something like
"no them, only us"
or
"weapons of massive construction"

How about:

Achtung Adult (not a baby anymore! lol)

Beanie,Shades,Spliff and Cool (you know who they are!)

Or in this day and age of mobile text speak...Love U2...nah!

If it the album is meant to sound angry, how about that theme...?
Like:
Anger & Love
Raging Hearts
Just been flicking through a dictionary and I like this.....

APOLLONIAN! :hmm: (..1. of or relating to Apollo,Greek and Roman sun god, patron of MUSIC and POETRY...2. orderly,rational, self disciplined...

Yeah ok only got as far as "a" flicking through the dictionary...I'm tired! lol :yawn:

APOLLONIAN! ????

reminds me too much of Price and Appolonia - living in a Purple world, with Purple Rain, in a purple house etc you get the drift

How about "Pure Chrome"? (that's how Bono described one of the new songs)

Or maybe "Elbow Room"? (if Edge is playing like a "madman", I figure he's going to be needing plenty of it ;) )

"Jargon"

"Yeah, Nah"

"Made on Venus"

"Bushwhacker"

"Against all odds"

"Solar for all"

Just a few suggestions....

I think because all members have kind of short names they have the urge to make up long nmes for songs, and also for the last album

I think, ehrm [I suck at these things] [no that's not my suggestion, I'd have just said penis]

Close the chapter

Seeing all sorts of peanuts flying over the moon [that'd be cool]
slash [that's not long, but cool]
Just jerking around
Lost my mind in Europe
Been there done that
You like?
Jumkli

or something

Last edited:
the sound we left behind in the making of all that you can't leave behind so the conclusion is that this title is too long and that's the main reason why you should beLIEve in this

U2Kitten said:
Hey 80's good to see you back! :wave:
Hello, Kitty! Thanks for the greeting. Every few months I take a look to see what's up in the world of U2. This time I just decided to post. Be looking for next year's post! Ha ha! bye bye

how about "just listen to one song every six months so that you will always have new music"
or
"during this album's gestation 4 children could have been conceived and born with another one on the way"
just some ideas

Back
Top Bottom