Lets hear it for YouTwo.Net!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rymyx

The Fly
Really too bad but absolutley understandable that the site is now down. I've been reading youtwo.net every day for 3 years now and it was always the first place I went for u2 news.

I think we should post some comments about this site and give proper respect to some people who worked extremely hard for almost a decade running that site.

My best memory will always be "whoring" the electrical storm demo on a Sunday morning in september.

Thanks for all the work and effort that made it the premier site for U2 news and one the best band sites in the world.

HOLLA!

I don't know how long before this thread is locked, since youtwo.net is sort of a competitor of U2news.com, which is run by this site. But yes, it is indeed a great site for all your U2 information.

I loved this site!! it was a daily rountine to go to it to find out news on the band and i was even offered to help with the site but bc of time i wasnt able to. So sad to see it go!!:(

Yeah, I too am really bummed that this site is going away. I've been checking that site almost daily for the new news on U2 for about 4 years now. I'll miss it.

Wonderful site, wonderful work by the crew. It'll definitely be missed. :|

Foxxern said:
I don't know how long before this thread is locked, since youtwo.net is sort of a competitor of U2news.com, which is run by this site. But yes, it is indeed a great site for all your U2 information.

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm as sad to see Prarits site go as anyone else. I actually heard from Prarit himself several days prior to the posting of his note. Him and I have both discussed these 'feelings' of being webmasters on and off during the past. We are on good terms, despite what some people may think.

I know this was an incredibly hard decision for Prarit to come to, one I've toggled with myself. I wish him the best, thank him for the years of work he devoted to the U2 community, and I am glad that he did not end it at a point where he may have been soured from the U2 fan base at large, but rather a high point.

If the least we can do, is continue to maintain U2news.com, in the tradition that Prarit did with Youtwo.net - we will strive.

Again, I'm sorry to see Prarit exit at this time, but everyone must make their choices... and perhaps what he spoke about the expense of running a large site will make people appreciate other sites a bit more, including this one.

Joel

I don't know how long before this thread is locked, since youtwo.net is sort of a competitor of U2news.com, which is run by this site

I think everyone in the U2 fan base creates a community. U2news.com, YouTwo.Net, all the same news pretty much = U2.

If they did shut it down prematurely it would be dissapointing to say the least.

Well I was bashed once for touting this site so with my rep I'd better not say anything other than I am surprised. I am especially surprised Prairat has a problem with the EXIT list, I thought he was really down with them. Hey, just who DO they like? :huh:

GypsyHeartgirl said:
Well I was bashed once for touting this site so with my rep I'd better not say anything other than I am surprised. I am especially surprised Prairat has a problem with the EXIT list, I thought he was really down with them. Hey, just who DO they like? :huh:

Lol... the EXIT list is an elitist list .... while some people on the list are nice, the people who founded and maintain the list... as well as a core group... are just schmucks.

I was banned from the group before even joining (which I haven't) - and IM PROUD OF THAT ;)

Joel

Fear not we still have U2 news here! Youtwo.net did have inside stuff no one else had, like Ruth Barohn's reports and pics. Maybe our sad eyed lady will come back here and report for us!

rymyx said:

I think everyone in the U2 fan base creates a community. U2news.com, YouTwo.Net, all the same news pretty much = U2.

i agree. the u2online community is remarkable, and as far as i can tell, no other band has as great of a presence on the net as they do. u2 does have great (and net-savy) fans.

I will seriously miss youtwo.net :sad: Very sad news indeed.
But thanks to Prarit for all his hard work.

Last edited:
Re: so sad, so sad....

elevation said:
I used to check www.youtwo.net every day. Sometimes even BEFORE my hotmail :)...this is a very sad day...No u2 news site has ever mathced this one and probably never will...

:( :no: :sad: :scream:

:sigh:

Thank you for your vote of confidence.

Elvis pretty much summed up everything I was going to say, but I just wanted to also express my sadness at Prarit signing off. He was the first U2 fan site I visited the most, and even though I maintain a large U2 News fan site here and on U2News.com, I completely respect all the effort and time Prarit unselfishly gave to the U2 community. It will be my tribute to Prarit and his team to keep up the U2 News tradition he began. :)

I realize some of you still do not want to support our own site, U2News.com, and all the hours we put into it, and that's completely fine. It's really all about U2, anyway. We do it for the community and out of love for the band. I put in hours a day bringing you all the best and most wide-ranging news I can find. And for what it's worth, I post just as many articles to U2News as the other news site do/did.

Unlike some other news sites who see fit to take not so veiled jabs at Youtwo.net and Interference, I will not do that. It's One Love, and that's what it will remain here.

Last edited:
Re: Re: so sad, so sad....

HelloAngel said:

I realize some of you still do not want to support our own site, U2News.com, and all the hours we put into it, and that's completely fine. It's really all about U2, anyway. We do it for the community and out of love for the band. I put in hours a day bringing you all the best and most wide-ranging news I can find. And for what it's worth, I post just as many articles to U2News as the other news site do/did.

It's not about whether to "support" or not "support" this site. To me the internet is a market as any other market. That means if u2news.com was the best news source, I would have read it more. With youtwo.net out, u2news.com is the best source around. As well as feedback as a whole (so far) is the biggest u2 commuity on the web which means that I'm not checking any other places. It may seem cynical but that's how it works. Or am I wrong about this? It seems strange to me that u2news.com has as many articles as youtwo.net did. To me it seems the site has about half as many, but I don't have the numbers and I'm probably wrong. I don't hope the editors of u2news.com take this personally, it's not personally (how can it be), I'm just expressing my initial thoughts about how a market should work.

And who knows what the future will bring? Maybe u2news.com will be the best u2 news source ever?

u2news.com could work...

... if it had the same amount of news www.youtwo.net had...

When I first kept track of U2 news, I used zoonation, but discovered youtwo.net after a year of more detailed searching. I noticed the work done here and I thinks its great but youtwo.net had even trivial articles mentioning u2 or articles with U2 in one sentence. It was that comprehensive. If there is any way to make u2news.com more like youtwo.net in terms of the comprehensiveness... I'd like to see it happen. I come across U2 blurbs on my own... should I e-mail it?

youtwo.net was a luxury and a treasure. Something needs to replace it!

I already miss this site. I'm a U2 news junkie, so I used to always check there for my fix. I understand that Prarit was tired of spending the $$ and four or five hours a day on the site and don't blaime him for being burned out on the site. I'd get tired of that myself. There are other places to get news, of course, including here--and I do compulsively check Interference news. But I'm going to miss YouTwo.Net something fierce.:scream: :scream: :sad: :sad: :censored:

Well I was an At U2 man for my news but I do have to pay respect to the guys at You Two for putting so much of their time, effort and money into providing a service for us, the U2 fan community. I wish them all the best of luck in the future.

Here, here! :)

Back
Top Bottom