Let's hear it for Mofo...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:
Discotheque is 10 times better.

I don't have a problem with either, but if you are going to post something like that in a thread which is clearly pro-Mofo (that sounds funny) then you should back it up with more than just :down: and :yuck:...

So c'mon, lets hear it, what do you not like about Mofo? Specifics please... :tsk:

The beat of the music, it sounds like those awful repetative Trance Techno songs you hear that have seem to have no ending to them and the lyrics are a WTF moment.

The beat, fine, not everyone’s cup of tea... :shrug:

But the lyrics? Really? Against Discoteque???

Same set I used before:

Lookin' for a sound that's gonna drown out the world.
Lookin' for the father of my two little girls.
Got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade.
Still lookin' for the face I had before the world was made.

Vs:

You know you're chewing bubble gum
You know what that is
But you still want some
You just can't get enough of that lovey-dovey stuff

I dunno dude... :|

Mofo IS one of U2s best songs. I love it, but the live version just takes this song to another level. Especially that bit at the end the last couple of minutes where Adams sublime bass line comes in with edges screaming guitar and the band just rock out. Perfection! It would be a tradgedy if U2 were to never play this again.

I love the part in the live version at the end

Move me a mountain, with Edge's harmonies. It's a thing of beauty. I adore this song. That guitar screamy thing Edge does gives me chills and then when he gets into the chiming chords, I get chills again.

Great song :up: :up:

:wink: :yes: :sexywink: Oh yeah...Mofo!! Ur right.....it takes more than a few times of listening to it to Know Bono went deep on that one!! did some diggin'to bring it out! :up: :applaud:

O yes and i also agree about the mothersucking rock and roll.

Should have been motherfucking simple as that. That's why i like the Vegas Mofo, he does say it near the end and it rocks.

schnumi said:
O yes and i also agree about the mothersucking rock and roll.

Should have been motherfucking simple as that. That's why i like the Vegas Mofo, he does say it near the end and it rocks.

Mothersucking makes much more sense though...

Rock and roll became his mother, and like a baby suckles a mother's breast, this is what rock and roll is to him.

I've always found it to be very clever...:shrug:

GOD YES!!!! I am glad I am not alone in this. MOFO, ONE OF THE BEST EVER.

And live...don't get me started. I will get crucified for this but no other intro on any other tour has had the effect on me as Mofo did. THAT WAS A FUCKING OPENER.

:rockon:

Justin24 said:
Discotheque is 10 times better.

:no:

Discotheque isn't a bad song. I think it's a good album opener, and I enjoyed it live, but It's lovey-dovey stuff. Mofo is mothersucking rock n roll :rockon:

And the lyrics are far from WTF. I think it's one of Bono's best songs lyrically--complex and at the heart of something very difficult that I think he couldn't get to for a long time.

Last edited:
Mofo couldn't have been the first single if you talk about the version on the album. That's brutal.

It hit its stride when they figured out how to play it live.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Mothersucking makes much more sense though...

Rock and roll became his mother, and like a baby suckles a mother's breast, this is what rock and roll is to him.

I've always found it to be very clever...:shrug:
Now that you mention it, it's cleverly found yes.

But i like the motherfucking option better. :wink: More rock and roll.

Well :scratch: I can't say I've ever came close to crying hearing this song... but there is no doubt it is a FUCKING mad song. No doubt. The only criticism I have is the same as everyone else's.. it should be fucking rock 'n' roll. It sounds so much cooler.

Blaise Pascall actually says something about a god shaped hole, so that's where it comes from.

Check out the POP section in U2byU2

Back
Top Bottom