Let's dismantle an atomic bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layton

War Child
Obliteration time. HTDAAB is no more, but we've still got these 11 songs to put somewhere. The game is to put them on a previous U2 album. Now hopefully these addtions won't ruin the album we're putting them on. So you've got to think carefully about where each song is mood wise so you can sneak it in to an existing album without alienating any new listener to the existing album. Here goes mine:

Vertigo: AB
MD: UF
SYCMIOYO: R&H
L&POE: R&H
COBL: JT
ABOY: R&H
AMAAW: AB
CFYT: AB
OSC: Zooropa
OOTS: ATYCLB
Yahweh: October

Hmm, I'm not sure about all those AB additions, but it's the best I could do with those songs.

Love and Peace Or Else belongs on Achtung baby, the others you can consign to b-sides for singles!:wink:

Actually I think Love and Peace or Else could work on Pop... then again I can't fathom changing that album in any way, ever. Vertigo should go on ATYCLB to rock it up a bit. Um...this idea sucks because it hurts my brain :wink:

AtomicBono said:
Actually I think Love and Peace or Else could work on Pop... then again I can't fathom changing that album in any way, ever. Vertigo should go on ATYCLB to rock it up a bit. Um...this idea sucks because it hurts my brain :wink:

Agreed also, Love and Peace Or Else could work on Pop as well. This is maybe the big problem with the last 2 albums. I have heard others saying the last album had no sense of atmosphere and were just a collection of good songs not a great album. As in the past U2's album have had a certain sound and atmosphere running through them, but the last 2 albums have been kinda like greatest hits albums, a mish mash of sounds from all through out their career. Maybe thats why I can't identify with them as I have in the past.

City belongs on Pop, since it came from that album's outtakes.

Were there many b-sides from the Pop album?

A Man & a Woman doesn't really fit the theme of Achtung Baby, not really.

Layton said:
Obliteration time. HTDAAB is no more, but we've still got these 11 songs to put somewhere. The game is to put them on a previous U2 album. Now hopefully these addtions won't ruin the album we're putting them on. So you've got to think carefully about where each song is mood wise so you can sneak it in to an existing album without alienating any new listener to the existing album. Here goes mine:

Hmm, I'm not sure about all those AB additions, but it's the best I could do with those songs.

Vertigo: either Boy or October
MD: agreed, UF
SYCMIOYO: AB
Love and peace: AB
COBL: UF/JT
AMAAW: ATYCLB
CFYT: JT
Yahweh: ATYCLB/JT

Vertigo: Boy
Miracle Drug: JT
Sometimes: ATYCLB
love and Peace: AB
COBL: UF
ABOY: AB (would say rattle and hum, but the chord progression is almost the same as Desire, and you people would bitch about it :wink: )
AMAAW: ATYCLP
Crumbs: AB
OSC: Zooropa/Pop
OOTS: October
Yahweh: UF...? Maybe ATYCLB

Layton said:

Vertigo - POP

MD - UF

Sometimes - JT

LAPOE - ZOOROPA/POP

COBL - JT

ABOY - ????????:eyebrow: ? R&H

AMAAW - POP

CFYT - HTDAAB:wink:

OSC - ZOOROPA

OOTS - :scratch: HTDAAB

Yahweh - JT/R&H

Fast Cars - ZOOROPA/POP

I've changed my mind about SYCMOYO. I now think it would fit in nicely on Pop because Edge's guitar approach is very similiar to his Pop approach. That approach being a blue mood, glimmer in the night guitar coloring. Essentially, SYCMOYO is a piece of art rock. From strictly an Edge perspective, it's kind of a sequel to things like IGWSHA and IYWTVD.

Vertigo- Boy
Miracle Drug- Zooropa
SYCMIOYO- ATYCLB
LAPOE- Achtung Baby
COBL- Zooropa
ABOY- War
AMAAW- Achtung Baby
Crumbs- October
OSC- Joshua Tree
OOTS- October (hard one, I just picked October because it has a few other piano-based songs)
Yahweh- The Unforgettable Fire

Vertigo - Boy but kind of new reflecting the garage rock phenomenen

Miracle Drug - UF/JT

SYCMOYO - ATYCLB. Successor to Stuck...

LAPOE - R+H in my opinion. I don't understand why more people haven't said R+H?:ohmy: R+H was a tribute to all kinds of rock music album and this song is a tribute to Led Zep.

COBL - Atmospherics of UF combined with guitars of JT.

ABOY - AB in my opinion. Rocky and raw but not tense enough to fit on War.

AMAAW - ATYCLB.

CFYT - JT. Sucessor to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

OSC - UF/Zooropa

OOTS - ATYCLB.

Yahweh - JT.

Fast Cars - None. Completely new sound.

Vertigo: Boy
Miracle Drug: UF
Sometimes...: ATYCLB
Love and Peace: Zooropa
COBL: UF/Pop
ABOY: October