Let it out! What you are most ashamed to admit as a U2 fan ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bajagirl said:
#3 I HATE Bono's hair right now
:yes: :yes: :yes: he's known to have had better hairdos (NOT the mullet though). This one particularly bothers me because it's exactly the same as one of my boyfrend's friends, whom I can't stand!

Bajagirl said:
#12 I loathe LEMON, but I love ZOOROPA (the bastard child of U2)
:yes: :yes: :yes: You voice my thoughts.

Bajagirl said:
#16 I STILL believe there is hope for ZOOTOPIA
:lmao::lmao: and there isn't a smiley for :roflmao:!!
I'd love to but...
Maybe zootopians.tk may make it to rekindle the spirit of the original Zoo (which I miss), but more people are needed!

My confessions:

*Although Bad is a classic, Pride is great (although I've tired of it from the tours), and A Sort of Homecoming is nice, I otherwise don't like The Unforgettable Fire album...have played it all the way straight through maybe 10 times in nearly 20 years.

* I never cared for MacPhisto.

:reject:

- I don't own the ZooTV Sydney video. I do, however, own two bootleg VCDs and one unedited bootleg DVD of it.
- I think Ultra Violet sounds like it was made by a boyband.
- Last night, I said 'I hate U2' and then went on a rant about just how terrible U2's musical direction in the nineties was ... before stating that nineties U2 was the second greatest band on earth behind eighties U2. Right now, I'm playing a ZooTV DVD really loud and loving it with all my being. It still sucks when compared to Lovetown, though.
- I worship Bono's mullet.
- I have spent hours upon hours designing setlists. A whole day, even.
- My speech is littered with U2 puns and I rarely notice them.
- I have included U2 in some way in over half of my school assignments this year.

skjuls said:

No, she wasn't one of the girls pulled up on stage. Actually, I met the first girl he did pull up on stage at the airport in St. Louis on the way to Las VEgas Elevation Concert. And all the other girls pulled themselves up onto the heart ramp. I would have done so as well but I had one of those building security people in front of me (since I was in the front of the heart) and he wouldn't let me!)

Oh well!

I've met Bono two times anyhow after that but it would have been nice to dance up on the heart ramp!

You've met him twice!? LUCKY... it's too bad you didn't get to dance on the ramp, but y'know, I somehow feel less sorry for you knowing you've met the B-man TWICE even :wink:

Axver - you rule. Seriously, you crack me up...U2 has the place of the TWO greatest bands in the world, wow. And how bout now U2 eh? Where are they? :wink: U2 puns - see, my speech is littered with them PURPOSELY. My friends get SO tired of it - everytime, without fail, someone says "...you too" and I go "U2!!!" I've started getting them doing it too :lol: and I get a kick out out of saying "You too" for any reason... like if someone says "have a good day" I always shout "YOU TOO!!!" really loudly. And I use U2 in school assignments all the time too - Art, English, Music (I did an entire presentation on U2 in 7th grade...that was the coolest thing EVER), and even Chemistry. One time I was so bored that I started writing "U2" on my calculator over and over (alpha key 5 2 alpha key 5 2...). I am such a loser. But it's all for U2, which makes me awesome. Almost as awesome as Axver :D

Axver said:
- I have included U2 in some way in over half of my school assignments this year.

Oh, I bet your teachers just love you.... :rolleyes: I used to do stuff like that, now I cringe when I think about it.

However a little embarrassment doesn't stop me from pimping The Church, however! :D

Kate1 said:
Well hear we go! Youve opend up and now its me underpressure to reveal all of my U2 secrets! LOL!

2. I dont have the albums 'Under a blood red sky', 'Wide awake in America' and 'Live at Slane castle'. However in my diffence i do have the dvd Live at slane castle, dont see the point in buying the CD.

What? There's no Slane CD, is there? I heard rumors of that when the DVD came out, and I looked all over, but I never found one.

-Miggy

Miggy D said:

What? There's no Slane CD, is there? I heard rumors of that when the DVD came out, and I looked all over, but I never found one.

-Miggy

Some people were fooled into thinking there was a CD because there were two releases of the DVD, one in the normal packaging and one in CD packaging.

Thanks for reviving this old old thread of mine.

This is tangible proof that I am not the all-negative all-garbage post writer as some of the "noisy minority" love to purport me to be.

Cheers,

J

-That the only copy of Under a Blood Red Sky I own is a DVR copy from eBay.
-That I don't own Wide Awake in America on CD
-That I don't own the Salome outtakes
-That I will embarrass anyone I happen to be with, if I am in a place where U2 is playing, because I insist on stopping and listening, and often sing along.
-That I bought the Tomb Raider DVD just for the Elevation video

jick said:

This is tangible proof that I am not the all-negative all-garbage post writer as some of the "noisy minority" love to purport me to be.

:lol: YOU are the "noisy minority" Jickie... But i enjoy your threads :wink: Keep them coming :up:

I hate the song 'The sweetest thing' HATE it :barf:
and that's saying alot cuz other than that I can't think of any other song they've done that I don't at least LIKE if not Love and/or adore although motivation behind the song and the video are sweet, to watch it I actually have to turn down the volume

Ok let me have it, I'm ready for the verbal thrashing (Braces self and closes eyes for beating)

I have only 80's and 90's the best of and Atyclb and Hut dab bought officially.
I have the rest on mp3.
Didn't see any show.

1) I dont own Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack

2) I dont own Passengers

3) I have never seen them live

4) I dont own Wide Awake In America

5) I only have a few of their singles (The Fly, Elevation, Electrical Storm, and Vertigo)

^
Yea but I'm probably one of the few who actually think it loses something live ah well what can you do:shrug:

jick said:
Thanks for reviving this old old thread of mine.

Cheers,

J

the only "noisy minority" here is you with your ridiculous arguments to rate pop as a bad album.

I don't own Under a Blood Red Sky, Passengers, Wide Awake in America, or any singles for that matter :wink:

..That up until I was one of a thousand cheering whooping fans sitting in the movie theater for a special pre-screening of Rattle&Hum, I was one of the Irish-Americans Bono ranted about in SBS.
I had missed the point, utterly and completely, and believed the lies I was raised with in Boston, right until that moment, and the fury he came across with was like a slap in the face. And I felt like such an ass. For months afterwards.

...it has a better ending, because of it I went on to study Irish history and learn the truth of the matter, not what was presented to us in Irish Catholic Boston, minored in it in college, and I have enough understanding and education now to look back and wince at the person I was.
I also have the grace to say that Bono and U2 didn't change my mind all by themselves - they were the kick in the arse I richly deserved, that made me seek out more knowledge and make up my own mind.

But to this day I'm still embarrassed by who I was up until that point.

bedouin fire said:

the only "noisy minority" here is you with your ridiculous arguments to rate pop as a bad album.

Let me clarify my stance on POP and I have said this many times.

I don't rate it as a bad album. I think it was the best album of 1997 - better than OK Computer or Time Out Of Mind. It's not a bad album, but it's a bad U2 album.

If you just forget the historical background and just look into pure musical content, POP is better than a lot of overrated junk out there like The White Album, London Calling, American Idiot, Moving Pictures, or The Wall. But those "overrated junk" I refer to are more highly rated than POP purely because of historical significance.

But when you put POP beside other U2 masterpieces like ATYCLB, or AB, or JT - it just can't hold a candle.

So as ridiculed as POP is among U2 fans, I am ashamed to admit that I actually think it is a good album in general - it is just not a good U2 album.

Cheers,

J

I hated Bono's bubble pants during the Pop tour :reject:

I am the only woman in the world who doesn't find Larry hot :reject:

I'm so-so about half the songs on October :reject:

I think BTBS is a great live song, but I don't like it that much outside of it being performed. (I'm gonna get pummeled for that one).

Back
Top Bottom