Let it out! What you are most ashamed to admit as a U2 fan ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edgeu22 said:
Something as a U2 fan I'm ashamed to admit:

I occasionally listen to Duran Duran.

Stands up and raises hands- I love duran duran!

P.S I don't have Pop on cd ***Runs like hell**

acrobat, that is like really cool!
not freaky in my book but hey
i went and got cologne samples of the ones i know bono wears so i could stick them in the steering wheel cover of my car and smell them every time i turned on the heater.
i think that mighta been a confession
i have more pictures of bono than i have of my family and boyfriend combined too. shameful
starsgoblue: where did you get the pillowcase. just tell me what i want and no one gets HURT
last confession: i played vertigo 50 times just to hear bono say 'hurt'
and then made my boyfriend say it to me.
i was like NO youre doing it wrong! hurt has to be breathy and sexy, not like youre gonna kick my arse!

The_acrobat said:
I can recite all of U2's tour dates from every tour. I was on a long trip once, and I just read U2 live encyclapedia by Pimm over and over. It was the most interesting book I had ever read. But the end of the trip, I knew every date, city, venue and most of the attendance figures. It's freaky, and my friends will sometimes just look at me and say September 13th, 1987. Then I will reply "that was a day off between Spectrum Arena in Philidelphia and Giants Stadium in New Jersey." And they just say "what a freak!"

Rainman...is that you?! :wink:

The_acrobat said:
I can recite all of U2's tour dates from every tour. I was on a long trip once, and I just read U2 live encyclapedia by Pimm over and over. It was the most interesting book I had ever read. But the end of the trip, I knew every date, city, venue and most of the attendance figures. It's freaky, and my friends will sometimes just look at me and say September 13th, 1987. Then I will reply "that was a day off between Spectrum Arena in Philidelphia and Giants Stadium in New Jersey." And they just say "what a freak!"

:ohmy:

Wow!..and I thought I was bad, but reading all these confessions is helping me realize i am not alone!...I'ts like a U2 (AA) Meeting...
Ok here goes..

>>My Name is BonoFox1, and I'm a Bonoholic<<

*I own just about "every CD, DVD, VHS, Single, Magazine, Poster, Book, reagrding U2!! (they are my treasures/prized possessions)

*Every guy I date I confess my U2 obsession...If they have something bad to say about them..I say goodbye!..(Don't get me wrong, Im not forcing anyone to like them, just dont talk bad about them)

*I catch some guys in the lie when they say they like the band..when I ask question regarding them they really don't know but the simple basics..so I know they are using it to get to know me better..2 guys confessed that no doubt I can be seduced by U2 music only....."NO DOUBT":drool:

*I own lots of bootlegs/live recordings and I can sing to those so much better than I can the real songs(just watch me on kareoke
night):p

*I have been to 5 U2 concerts 1=POP 4=Elevation..and I still can't get enough..

*I can recite the whole U2 story, or any of the bandmembers better than I can my own...:shifty:

*I am in debt due to my obessions with U2 merchandise so much that I had to ask my car loan company to defer my payment (which they agreed to do so, I didn't tell them why though)

*I know I am going to be so in debt this coming tour (new Cd, singles merchandise ect..) Than Im taking up a second job to add to my full time!

*I'm shameless when it comes to plugging the band when ever I can:cute:

*I confess I would LOVE to meet a Male U2 fan and fall in LOVE and possibly marry on stage by Bono..heh heh!:love:
ok at least meet a U2 lovin guy and then well see....If your are male, U2 fan, 35 yrs or older *single* and looking...contact me:heart:

*Last confession (saved the worst for last)..Last year I met BONO! and even though I told myself that I was not going to freak and played a conversation in my head over and over ..all I could manage was "HI BONO"..It was so lame!:|
I mean the guy was right in my face! and all I said was HI BONO:tsk:

Well there might be more but Id like to read more from you guys...Great post by the way!

Well...

*I do own all the official CDs, DVDs,VHs, except Popmart, and a couple of bootlegs

* I have seen them twice in concert Zoo Tv and LoveTown

* back when I was a bit younger, I had all the merchandise - magazines, books, t-shirts, etc

* I used to sleep in my LoveTown shirt and told this guy in a nightclub once that I had slept with U2 (yeah, don't go there...)

*I couldn't see Popmart cause I was VERY pregnant, so I called my daughter an Irish name to compensate

* I received this weird email after I had submitted a question to Ask the Edge, and actually contacted Elvis to see if it was The Edge that had sent it to me Lol

* Sometimes I will actually pass off Bonoisms as my own to the uninitiated, and I get a real kick when they look impressed with what I have said

I can't truly believe that I am going to hit the submit button... but here goes.... (be kind.... please?)

imogen said:
Well...

* Sometimes I will actually pass off Bonoisms as my own to the uninitiated, and I get a real kick when they look impressed with what I have said

I did that a couple of times too, especially when talking about religion and the nature of God because I agree wholeheartedly with B-man. The way I figure it is if they are too ignorant to not know the pearls of wisdom that flow from that mans mouth... :laugh:

* I thought the words to "I Will Follow" goes, "If you walk away, do away, walk away, I will follow..." until my cousin, not a U2 fan, said, "Uh, I think he says, 'walk away, walk away', what the hell is 'do away'?"

*I rented Million Dollar Hotel and fell asleep ten minutes in.

*I own an Outkast CD.

*I have collected all U2 items, books, cd's (even the LP's Under A Blood Red Sky and Wide Awake In America) and I seemed to have lost the majority of it all!

*At Popmart 97 in Las Vegas, I got so drunk that I wandered around the concert and talked to people that I didn't even remember the next day, let alone U2's show.

*I bought the Achtung Baby bootlegs

*as much as a Bono-lover that I am, I do not know what kind of cologne he wears, can someone tell me please????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah I liked when Bono was like, 'Adam, go back to where you were! You know the chords! Same thing!'

I confess that I actually enjoyed the Million Dollar Hotel. I found it a very touching love story!

The only U2 album I own is ATYCLB (but that's because my older brother is also a fan and has all the rest of the studio albums, plus Under a blood red sky).
To my defense, I bought Wide awake in America, Passengers (which I will both give away as I have Best of's now), MDH soundtrack, both Best of's and even the Pavarotti show in Modena. (I have two tapes of U2 songs from the other albums, though- and some burned CDs/bootlegs)

I don't have U2 singles (because I haven't seen any until ATYCLB) except Beautiful day with Always/summer rain and Elevation with the remix, Don't take your guns to town and Last night on earth live.

I haven't been to a U2 show yet. (I wasn't all that into them during Zoo TV plus I was too young, Pop/mart didn't interest me that much and I entered two competitions to win Elevation tickets but no luck)

Didn't see any of the official video releases or Entropy or MDH except Boston VHS and the TV show from Slane, or read any U2 books.

When watching the Streets video, I thought the guitar player's name was Adam Clayton and the bass player is called The Edge.

I'm still not sure who sings "love we shine like a burning star, falling from the sky, tonight" high part in the Fly's chorus on the album: is it Edge like I think or is it Bono?

The first time I heard the Zooropa album when it first came out, I got so angry and became sick of it! I thought it was the worst album they released.

I got so sick of it that I sold it to my friend.

but i got hooked later..

jick said:
When I was younger I thought he said "one man in the name of love" instead "what more in the name of love"

Ummm, both lyrics are in the song? But I guess you were talking about the chorus.

One man come in the name of love
One man come and go
One man come, he to justify
One man to overthrow

In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love

I'm ashamed to admit that I have no driving desire to meet any members of the band.

I have lots! :macdevil:

- when I was little, I confused U2 with Ace of Base. but my defense is that I was only 7.

- I don't own Wide Awake in America

- I've never seen Zoo TV, Popmart, or Under a Blood Red Sky (video) all the way through

- I don't own Rattle and Hum, but I have seen it!

- I've never seen U2 live, but that will change!

- In reading this thread, I JUST found out that there are Rattle and Hum outtakes

I'm ashamed that I'm a fan of a band that actually released the Joseph Kahn video of 'Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of.' I was embarrassed to be a U2 fan that day.

james

Come to think of it, after reading 30-odd posts on this subject, I realize I'm in the same boat with alot of y'all.

So I guess there's nothing I feel ashamed of... beating my head into the wall until my horns get stuck over something I WISH I'd done is not the same thing!

}:)~

I own just about everything that you can buy legally, and a few things that you can't, which I'm proud of up until a non-U2 fan asks me why I have 15 copies of Elevation.

My answer: Well, you see, you have your US promo with 1 track, the US promo with 3 tracks, the Mexican promo with 6 tracks, your UK Promo, and of course the UK Promo with Angelina Jolie on the cover. And of course no collection is complete without the two singles from the UK, and, um the Australian versions come with a different track order, what's that? The Japanese version, it has that cool little OBI strip. The DVD and the European Tour Edition. Why do I have two copies of that one? Because one is sealed. Oh, and over here are the 12" Promos from the US and the UK. See how they changed the color, one red, one blue? What? No I don't have the 45, I don't think it exists. Good thinking. I better check the internet to be sure...

Oh yeah, I've just completed converting my entire CD collection to MP3's. U2's contribution is over 5 GB, granted it includes 15 copies of Elevation. It's sad that all of their hard work can be crammed onto one DVD. The hard part is still to come: Old U2 45's, 12" and Bootleg Concerts need to be captured on digital.
(Actually I'm not ashamed about this stuff at all :dance: :D , but that's only because you're all part of the U2 fanatic support group) The rest of the world thinks I'm nuts!

starsforu2 said:
I own just about everything that you can buy legally, and a few things that you can't, which I'm proud of up until a non-U2 fan asks me why I have 15 copies of Elevation.

:ohmy: This is amazing! You probably own more copies of Elevation than what the average U2 fan here owns in their entire U2 collection (legally).

I have to look, but I am sure that I don't own more than 4 copies of any one single (in different formats of course).

You have checked out www.u2wanderer.org right? This is a must for you.

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:
I
(Actually I'm not ashamed about this stuff at all :dance: :D , but that's only because you're all part of the U2 fanatic support group) The rest of the world thinks I'm nuts!

wow! hearing you talk like that makes me

a) not feel so bad about having lots of different copies of everything. no one i know gets it, they all think i'm mad - "but its DIFFERENT!" i scream in despair :coocoo:

b) realise how very very far i have to go till my collection is anything near yours!

i'm most ashamed of my total and utter lack of knowledge of running orders, i've just never paid that much attention. i couldnt tell you the running order of AB if my life depended on it!
i also can't recite lyrics to entire songs or anything like it seems a lot of fans can - there are bits i know and i normally sing along ok but once again, if someone asked me for the full lyrics of Streets (my all time favourite song) i couldnt tell them
sorry
i'm going to go recite them all now out of embarrassment :shame:

After I read one of the replies, I realized that my collection outperforms my memory by a long shot! I was at a Halloween Party (I was Bono, natch!) at my friends house and he has a full band setup. A girl got behind the drum kit and started playing Sunday Bloody Sunday, and I stepped up to the mike and sang "I can't believe the news today, I can't close my eyes and make it go away" before promptly forgetting where the song went next. :confused:
I probably can't sing any of the songs without Bono singing right with me. Even though I listen to it, it's like water. It goes right through me.

So that's my embarrassing moment as a U2 fan among U2 fans.

Back
Top Bottom