Leno: Chat, Comments, Predictions, Turkey.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was a really great performance! That poor voice is taking a beating.

Anyone have a full transcript of the interview? There were some funny lines:

Jay: Do you know you are part of the (allies)?

Bono: Yeh, we're sending a Guinness ship over.

Jay: Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Bono: In Ireland we're thankful everyday when it isn't raining.

Great show, but I feel slighted not gettin to see Alyssa's tattoos #6 and #7.
eek.gif

Guess I'll have to rent "Embrace of the Vampire" again.
wink.gif

bono's voice sounded a bit wore out during the begining but things kicked in and it sounded awesome.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

U2 and the military would normally mix like oil and water...

but i thought the leno performance went really well. they boys sounded a bit shakey at the beginning, but they pulled it together. they audience seemed really warm and supporitive, too. i was curious as to how a generally passive, anti-war irish band would be recieved.

the interview was good, too. only bono could make a statement that was essentially anti-war and disguise it as a patriotism speech. do you think he practiced it?

i loved bono's pin on his guitar strap. and thumbs up to leno's directors for giving us some shots of larry. now we need adam.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Tuesday and Wednesday I stayed up for no reason and watched the late night talk shows. Thursday, I said 'Self, you need some sleep' and went to bed early, and wouldn't you know it, I missed U2 on the Tonight Show! Dangnabit!

And, I missed Alyssa Milano! DOUBLE dangnabit!

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

While I loved U2's performance, I didn't like their overall appearance. Leno asking Bono about the Pope [as if we haven't heard that story before] and then pronouncing his name wrong! What was up with that? As you've all pointed out, the acoustics were bad. And once again, U2 does have a bass player although you would've never known if you were watching the TV.

Overall, I think their appearance on Letterman was MUCH better. Dave did a good interview and the band was able to perform two songs.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom