Lemon vs. Scarlet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Which color suits you best?

For me this is actually close. Scarlet is so floaty and atmospheric... one of U2's best "mood music" tracks. But the falsetto on Lemon... and the fact that it's off Zooropa... gotta be Lemon.

* Midniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... *

Scarlett is one of my least favorite U2 songs--possibly because the only lyrics in it are "Rejoice" yet there's already a song on the album called "Rejoice" and I find this confusing :sad:

Seriously, though, this isn't even a question. I think my screen name will tell you which song I favor.

Lemonfix said:
Scarlett is one of my least favorite U2 songs--possibly because the only lyrics in it are "Rejoice" yet there's already a song on the album called "Rejoice" and I find this confusing :sad:

Lol, yeah I thought Scarlet was called Rejoice for like a year because of this.

icon34.gif
icon34.gif
icon34.gif

Can we please continue doing these threads until we've completed U2's entire song collection? I'm all for it.

A draw. Lemon is a beautiful piece of art, but Scarlet is such a soft, gorgeous, under-rated piece.

While Scarlet isn't nearly as bad as I remember it being (it's actually rather decent), it's got absolutely nothing on Lemon. Nothing.

icon34.gif

I do really like scarlet, they should have definitely ended October with it. However Lemon is fabulous song, a bit different from usual U2 and it works so well. So it's a lemoney win for moi.

Since Lemon is unquestionably the worst song in the U2 catalog...

Scarlet, by a landslide.

Scarlet is pretty but...more like an instrumental than an actual "song" song. Lemon is one of U2's top ten greatest achievements. Period.

I think Scarlet VS 4th of July would be a better battle.

Back
Top Bottom