Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also have replied here, but here it goes again:

Cool melody, great lyric but I can't stand the falsetto and the initial screams. I can't say if I love or hate this song... :eyebrow:

inmyplace13 said:
I just saw a guy at the Red Sox / Rangers game walking around eating a Lemon Chill and I said "lemawn" and I got the strangest look.

Why can't that guy just be normal and know what I'm talking about?

:lol: I :heart: this thread.

I think I said this in another thread, but this is a great story, so I'm going to tell it again. One time my friend's girlfriend gave him a lemon, which was really stupid, because WHO THE HELL EATS LEMONS??? But if he were a U2 fan, it would probably be way more meaningful and he would have started singing and it would have been hawt :drool: Alas, this did not happen, and I had to suppress myself, because I sing enough seemingly random U2 as it is...

That said, the only thing better than the song Lemon is a giant Lemon with four Irish guys in it, one of which (probably the one in the atrocious bubble outfit) is singing, "You can reach..." :drool: oh, if only I had seen Popmart when I had the chance. Alas, I was only 9.

I've used alas two times in this most...make that three.

AtomicBono said:

oh, if only I had seen Popmart when I had the chance. Alas, I was only 9.

Yeah, I was 9 or 10 back then too. I wish my conception was just a few years earlier.

Yeah but I'm listening to Radiohead's "Everything In Its Right Place" and the line "yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon" comes on, but about the 4th time it's sang, Thom Yorke goes "yesterday I woke up sucking a lemonnnnn".

I sufficiently lost it.

Last edited:
inmyplace13 said:

Yeah, I was 9 or 10 back then too. I wish my conception was just a few years earlier.

Yeah but I'm listening to Radiohead's "Everything In Its Right Place" and the line "yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon" comes on, but about the 4th time it's sang, Thom Yorke goes "yesterday I woke up sucking a lemonnnnn".

I sufficiently lost it.

:lol:

Glad to see another young U2 fan :up: Actually I was just getting into U2 around that time, and I was already an internet junkie, so if I had gotten my shit together I probably could have made Popmart. but mom was in the middle of a divorce so it wouldn't have been a good time :( and the only thing I was concerned about at the time was whether or not we got to keep the Pop CD :lol: obsessed, even then...

One of my friends who's not that crazy about U2 absolutely loves Lemon. He and I watched the video last night in complete silence, both of us with our heads tilted a little, just appreciating what a brilliant video it is.

And, if you think about it, the song has to be Lemon. It couldn't be anything else. For instance, I just made myself a turkey sandwich and sang "Turkey..." while I made it, and it just didn't work.

I hope they break it out for the third leg!

John%20H%20Lemon.JPG

How freakin cool is that.

Eh, I found the lemon headstone and had to have one last hurrah.

Some poor guy dies at 20, and you think it's cool! Sheesh.

That being said, I have one thing to add:

LEMOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!

Does anyone else think that when Bono sings "lemon" or "heaven" or anything else that rhymes with that in the song, that he sounds a little like Adam Sandler's Cajun Man from Saturday Night Live?

corianderstem said:

Does anyone else think that when Bono sings "lemon" or "heaven" or anything else that rhymes with that in the song, that he sounds a little like Adam Sandler's Cajun Man from Saturday Night Live?

I always did:reject:

Bout time I got around to this thread, as a particular citrus fruit did inspire my moniker and all...

BonoIsMyMuse said:

And, if you think about it, the song has to be Lemon. It couldn't be anything else. For instance, I just made myself a turkey sandwich and sang "Turkey..." while I made it, and it just didn't work.

:lol:

let's get this thread to 500 posts :wink:

On the list of U2 songs that are pure perfection in every way, there aren't too many ahead of Lemon. One of my personal favourites as well.

When it rises up to the "midnight..." parts, with Bono's falsetto weaving through it... heaven in your headphones I tell you. Heaven.

man im listening to wild horses(u2) and it kicks all the 2000 u2s arsss!!90s u2 rocked!! Too bad they turned all pop(not the album) on us in 2000 and now!!!

I LOVE the Sydney ZooTV version! Bono's countermelody during the "midnight is where the day begins" section is so completely awesome. And it's a great transition into WOWY.

shaun vox said:
man im listening to wild horses(u2) and it kicks all the 2000 u2s arsss!!90s u2 rocked!! Too bad they turned all pop(not the album) on us in 2000 and now!!!

Be patient. Maybe they'll turn to death metal in 2006.

Can someone tell me... does Bono do all the vocal on Lemon. Which part does edge do if he ever does any?

Back
Top Bottom