Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shaun vox said:
its a shame that u2 dont know what a master-piece lemon is!!

they did not put it on the best of 1990/2000!

die u2 die for that!!!!!!!!!

You are right. It seems that they have no idea how good this song realy is..and that is a shame..THAT DAMN ELEVATION!!! :mad:

Lemon should be on a worst of u2 album 1980 - present, having said that 90% of the songs would be off zooropa or pop. Rock n roll desserted u2 for a few years in the 90s glad to see they've found it again.

villamania said:
Lemon should be on a worst of u2 album 1980 - present, having said that 90% of the songs would be off zooropa or pop. Rock n roll desserted u2 for a few years in the 90s glad to see they've found it again.

boo!!! :madspit:

they put a remix of it on the best of at least - and its by no way the worst U2 song out there i n my opinion, its probably in my top 10 aswell Zoocoustic.

I thought lemon was a mickey take when I first heard it, From I will follow to New years day to Pride to Streets to Lemon!!!!! I just couldnt understand the complete direction change from those great rock n roll songs of the 80s.

Lemon is on my top ten U2 songs because it mixes a very daring new sound ; challenging them as artists (The vocals... try singing falsetto through the entire song and sounding good!) And because the lyrics are also very unique; maybe not the same type as some of their stronger early hits but that was kinda the point.
And mostly because it always always always makes me smile and want to dance. Thats a pretty important factor in choosing a favorite song! :)

I just saw a guy at the Red Sox / Rangers game walking around eating a Lemon Chill and I said "lemawn" and I got the strangest look.

Why can't that guy just be normal and know what I'm talking about?

Hahaha!! That made me laugh out loud...not a good idea when it's 00:35 over here and the family's asleep!! I'd love to have been there!

Well, I see Lemon as a funny song with good lyrics, that has a funny video with a great idea on it. But that's all. I only like Lemon because of the video to laugh a bit with MacPhisto; I don't think that it's a great song. Bono's falsetto IMO it's a bit annoying and... hum... ... gay. :huh:

Aaaahh - hooooooooooo - hooo ooh hoooo ooh :scream:

(only part of lyric not mentioned yet!)

This song shows the genius of U2 to continually challenge themselves as musicians....

That is all.

I must be in the minority I guess for having a dislike for this song and 90% of zooropa , u2 doing "lemon" is like foo fighters doing some disco classic like "heaven must be missing an angel", leave the dance stuff to people and groups that are better at it and play some good old rock n roll which built up u2's fanbase in the first place.

villamania said:
I must be in the minority I guess for having a dislike for this song and 90% of zooropa , u2 doing "lemon" is like foo fighters doing some disco classic like "heaven must be missing an angel", leave the dance stuff to people and groups that are better at it and play some good old rock n roll which built up u2's fanbase in the first place.

Absolutely...

Lemon IMO is a funny song, with a funny video as I said. But no more than that.

:tongue:

k, if you will, picture a time, a very long time ago.

before there was how to dismantle an atomic bomb, all that you can't leave behind, or even pop.

lemon was my favourite U2 song. :love:

MacPhistoPT said:

Absolutely...

Lemon IMO is a funny song, with a funny video as I said. But no more than that.

:tongue:

I don't consider Lemon a great song as you do, but I've already said that I like it in a way of making fun. And the same with MacPhisto :wink:

Lemon really is the genius of U2. It has numerous emotional layers besides having a beautiful melody. I remember seeing the video for the first time in Grenoble, France, 1993. After a long day of travel, checking into my hotel, and turning on the television -- there it was. Wow. Haunting. Yeah, it made me cry. Substitute the word "Lemon" for the word "woman" and it even becomes deeper. That's what it is all about.

They better do that song in Barcelona, Spain, because I'm traveling there to see them do it on August 7, 2005.

The video is on the bonus tracks of the best of 1990/2000 DVD

If you listen to the director's commentary, he says that Bono didn't even like the video at first, but Larry liked it and convinced him that it was good.
Good ol Larry!!!
I personally love the song/video

Glory4Holland: hey
frostynash13: hey
Glory4Holland: i listened to that lemon song and who sings it
Glory4Holland: cuz bono ain't the one singing Lemon
frostynash13: edge sings the "mans builds a city" stuff
frostynash13: the rest is bono
Glory4Holland: it doesn't sound like bono
Glory4Holland: i listened to half of lemon then i got bored and listened to a better song
frostynash13: its cause its all in falsetto
Glory4Holland: i know that
Glory4Holland: i just can't stand LEMON
frostynash13: its so good
Glory4Holland: dude ive been to every u2 concert
Glory4Holland: so i know has happened at the shows
Glory4Holland: lemon is a bad song face it
frostynash13: im watching it on the Zoo TV show right now
frostynash13: its so awesome
Glory4Holland: its bad
Glory4Holland: bad
frostynash13: bad ass
Glory4Holland: no bad sounding and bad as in awful
Glory4Holland: i never should of brought lemon up
Glory4Holland: what is lemon about
frostynash13: bonos mom
Glory4Holland: well bono wrote a bad song for his mum i bet she cries when she hears it
frostynash13: since shes been dead for a very long time
Glory4Holland: i know that
Glory4Holland: and lemon is crappy

So basically, that girl has her head stuck up her arse.

This made me crave Lemon. Going to put on my Zooropa video.
outahere.gif

Back
Top Bottom