Least favorite songs from last 3 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wild honey is just cringe worthy, i also 'skip' when that comes around

beautiful day, well for starters its the most fucking over played u2 song i've ever fucking heard, and secondly, i don't even think that its that good, bono sings halfhearted, the lyrics are not the greatest, and the only good thing about it is some of the video clip

yahweh - i ain't getting into the whole vibe of the song. Though live in Sydney made it pretty good for that one night :love:

Stuck In A Moment
Al Because Of You
Wild Honey or The Hands That Built America (if that counts?)

All of these songs make me cringe when I hear them. Before ATYCLB I never really disliked that many U2 songs that much, nt enough to make me cringe and really hate them, but the last 2 albums have generally not been up to standard, besides the main singles/hits.

1. Playboy Mansion / If god will send ...
these two are so ridiculously mediocre that it's a travesty they don't feature on everybody's list
usually when defending these 2 songs people tend to get preachy on the "meaning" behind the songs
but meaning doesn't turn crap lyrics into something good and it especially doesn't turn bland music into something worthwhile

3. New York
I don't skip it or anything and it serves its purpose on All that you can't .... but as a stand alone song I don't rate it all that high

Beautiful Day - most overrated song in the U2 catalog and perhaps one of the most overrated songs in history.

City of Blinding Lights - even blander than Beautiful Day, which did have a few decent lyrics.

Yahweh - why, U2, why? After so many years of writing songs about God that were beautiful and not trite and annoying, do you do this?

I thought about putting A Man and A Woman on my list, but at least that one wasn't horribly overplayed and taking away a slot during concerts that could have gone to a song that I love. And it does have that pretty, Spanish-sounding guitar. It's just the lyrics I hate.

When I look at the World
Kite
In a Little While

Don't hate'em, just always skip these before any others. Sick of the last two. That said, I'm pretty sick of Beautiful Day, but that's just from overplay. And I should state that in spite of how many times I saw IALW played on tour, IF I listen to it , the version I listen to is from Vegas w/Brandon Flowers on the Vertigo tour. That performance renewed my interest in the song....for a minute.

I cant really pick only 3. My hatred for Bomb is equally spread across the whole CD. Forgive my indulgence, but heres my list

1. All of Bomb
2. Wild Honey

Apart from Wild Honey I really enjoy all of ATYCLB. Im surprised to see Grace and Peace on Earth on so many lists.

And I enjoy all of Pop.

There are days when I can handle Crumbs, so Bomb is like a 1-track single for me.

And message to U2, stop compressing your material to hell and back. Most of Bomb sounds atrociously loud on a halfway decent stereo system. I prefer when my ears dont bleed as I listen to music. Thanks.

WTB hi-res audiophile U2 releases. Properly mastered U2 with actual dynamics intact. One can dream right?

Back
Top Bottom