Leaked version 'incomplete?' -- U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is intriguing, altho I wonder if it's essentially the sound that will differ. Of course it will … my number one hope is that OOTS sounds a lot fuller and with more bass. Man, the production kinda kills the song for me.

Also, does anyone think Bono's voice is too upfront in the mix on some tunes? I do … and I hope it sounds more immersed on 'the real thing.'

EXIT_TO_THE_NORTH said:
This is intriguing, altho I wonder if it's essentially the sound that will differ. Of course it will … my number one hope is that OOTS sounds a lot fuller and with more bass. Man, the production kinda kills the song for me.

Also, does anyone think Bono's voice is too upfront in the mix on some tunes? I do … and I hope it sounds more immersed on 'the real thing.'

I guess I like his voice to dominate a bit, but not much. I actually thought his voice was drowned out during the explosion part of SYCMIOYO. Those were his best lyrics in that song they were drowned out.

Regarding OotS, I would like it to have less layers. At certain points, they seem to get in each other's ways.

I will believe that when I see it....these tracks seem very complete to me and they would have a hard time making them better.

yahweh could be beefed up a bit, besides that the album is the stuff.............

I really love the Apple show OOTS … so simple and stark.

gosh, SYCMIOYO is brilliant. I wouldn't change a thing. His voice is at the right level i think b/c he really cannot belt it out like he could circa R&H. I remember reading a review of ATYCLB and the reviewer described the belting out part of Kite as a 'restained, controlled delivery.' I think that pretty much sums up the way Bman belts it out these days. It's thinner, but with more emotion, I think.

Yahweh said:
I will believe that when I see it....these tracks seem very complete to me and they would have a hard time making them better.

I still feel Miracle Drug sounds unfinished. :shrug:

Last edited:
See, this is exactly why the U2.com story sucked. It's getting everyone's hopes up that the album will be different.

Most of us would have bought the album anyway. Why did they have to write such a ridiculous story, and so poorly at that.

Oh, and the story of the instrumental was told by FAKE Edge.

I have listened to the album on XRT in Chicago (which was officially sent to them) and I could not tell a difference. Maybe there will be a very slight quality or mixing difference, but the songs were exactly the same.

yep, the sound will be better, but, duh, of course. They are paranoid no one will buy the album b/c the leaked version IS actually a very good sounding copy. I now I'll buy it first day …

I think this album sounds very good but nevertheless it's just not quite right. Something is missing. I knew it. Thank God. Can't wait till I get my hands on this thing. :yes:

EXIT_TO_THE_NORTH said:
surely a record company measure … whatever. I find it an insult. Bastards.

lol whatever, get over it, it's hardly the end of the world! They can do what the fuck they like as long as they write decent tunes. Which they have done admirably on this album..

I heard the CD a few weeks ago. While I don't have it in my posession to compare it to the leak, I didn't notice a huge difference. Unless of course Interscope really IS pulling a fast one on all of us. Wouldn't that be the shit?

lol it would be funny if none of these tracks were the real ones that would be the funniest thing ever....an entirely different album with a different name and different song titles...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
obviously the leaked tracks are incomplete... there's no talking spanish dues in the background
:laugh:

Verry Funny! I miss those Spanish dudes. I wonder if they know how popular they are now?

But seriously, the songs that we have are the real deal!!! I don't care what u2.com says. They are just trying to make sure that we purchase the album. Someone from interscope leaked the album while it was in press. It makes perfect sense.

Back
Top Bottom