Latest News from Notre Dame!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Henne

The Fly
Originally posted by z edge:
I heard elsewhere that POE was gonna happen. But what could be the mystery song that has never been played live? Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop????

I think it's Peace On Earth. Maybe the guys at u2.com do not count the "Tribute To Heroes"-performance as live performance-

Originally posted by z edge:
I heard elsewhere that POE was gonna happen. But what could be the mystery song that has never been played live? Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop????

Hello,

I'd just received an email with the songs played during a rehearsal yesterday (judging from the setlist not the dress rehearsal). Anyway, the song which is the most likely candidate to be the song never been played live before is [BIG SPOILER ALERT!!! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE IT, GO AWAY!!!]

What's going on? (!!!
eek.gif
!!!)

BTW, another song not played before on this tour (but rehearsed yesterday) is MLK.

... wait a sec while I try to retrieve the mail I got ...

OK, here it is:
tuesday rehersal

bday
elevatn
whats going on
new york
until the end
stuck in a moment
mlk
pride
new years
sunday
anel of harlem
kite

streets
still havent found

wwy
peace on earth
walk on

I think WWY should read WOWY (With Or Without You)

So there you have it!

Have fun

C ya!

Marty (who's going to bed really soon, it's not easy being a European...)

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

I have 56K too, but I'm relieved to see that if the picture's not working I can just go for audio only. That shouldn't be trouble, at least... I hope...

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

hey guys!

There is a new article up at U2.com about what's been going on at rehearsals in Indiana. Here is one very interesting snippet:

"Meanwhile, as truckloads of U2 merchandise arrived to be unloaded,
inside the arena, U2's production crew were undertaking final checks
before Larry, Adam, Edge and Bono spent the rest of the afternoon in
rehearsals - including, we can reveal, at least one song, they have
never played live before.

In the evening, the four band members completed a mini-dress
rehearsal for the new tour, experimenting, we understand, with a
number of songs that have not yet made an outing on Elevation 2001.
This was also a rehearsal for Wednesday's webcast, with additional
cameras in position and a pair of gleaming satellite-dish topped
trucks taking a live feed. But none of this will play a part in what
songs make it into the final set list - until late on Tuesday evening
the band were still in discussions with key members of the production
crew about the likely set list for Wednesday's show.

'We probably won't know exactly what the set list will be until the
band talk before the show on Wednesday,' said Bruce Ramus, Lighting
Director. 'But it looks like there will definitely be some changes
from the show they were playing on the earlier part of the tour.'"

WOOOHOOO!!! i see setlist shake-ups ahead!!!
biggrin.gif
any predictions??

IM thinking their people saw the poll at my site and they are gonna play When I Look At the World. Of course I am wishing but look at the stats:

What new songs would you MOST like to see added to setlist for remaing tour legs?

Wild Honey (full band) 128 (14%)

When I Look At The World 424 (46%)

Summer Rain 81 (8%)

Peace on Earth 105 (11%)

Grace 38 (4%)

Always 67 (7%)

Big Girls Are Best 67 (7%)

910 Total votes

Just got this from u2.com:
Fans are arriving and the band rehearsing, ahead of Wednesday's opening show of the final leg of Elevation 2001.

'Last of the rock stars
When hip hop drove the big cars
When new media was the big idea...'

Excitement is mounting in Notre Dame, Indiana, just hours ahead of U2's return to North America.

On Tuesday fans began gathering in numbers outside the Joyce Centre, location of Wednesday night's show, as U2 returned to spend more time in rehearsals for this opening night of the final leg of Elevation 2001.

Arriving early paid off for Stacie Green, 21, a student at Notre who showed up early Tuesday morning in the hope she might catch sight of the band arriving. By mid afternoon she was chatting to Bono, along with a small cluster of other student fans who struck lucky.

None was more lucky than Monica Gonzales, 23, a student of Managment Information Systems, who was celebrating her birthday. 'I was hoping to get a glimpse of Bono and then he just showed up. I couldn't believe it. 'I was converted to U2 about three years ago and there's no other band like them for originality. 'Bono wished me a happy birthday, kissed me on the cheek and asked me what song I'd love them to play. I said that I love U2's cover version of Everlasting Love but Bono said it was pretty difficult to play.'

Meanwhile, as truckloads of U2 merchandise arrived to be unloaded, inside the arena, U2's production crew were undertaking final checks before Larry, Adam, Edge and Bono spent the rest of the afternoon in rehearsals - including, we can reveal, at least one song, they have never played live before.

In the evening, the four band members completed a mini-dress rehearsal for the new tour, experimenting, we understand, with a number of songs that have not yet made an outing on Elevation 2001This was also a rehearsal for Wednesday's webcast, with additional cameras in position and a pair of gleaming satellite-dish topped trucks taking a live feed. But none of this will play a part in what songs make it into the final set list - until late on Tuesday evening the band were still in discussions with key members of the production crew about the likely set list for Wednesday's show.

'We probably won't know exactly what the set list will be until the band talk before the show on Wednesday,' said Bruce Ramus, Lighting Director. 'But it looks like there will definitely be some changes from the show they were playing on the earlier part of the tour.'

He asked her what song she wanted to hear?!! AHHH!! (and why didn't she say Running! lol) that's amazing!! he is so amazing!

only a few more hours and all speculation will be over...!!
smile.gif

------------------
Packing a suitcase for a place...
that has to be believed to be seen

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--All New!

Back
Top Bottom