LAST time they played a B-SIDE LIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
I want U2 to play Fast Cars live but I doubt they'll play a b-side live. The last that I can remember is "Holy Joe" @ Kmart. Looking back, its amazing that they did not have any other songs available to play that day. Holy Joe was rather a mediocre song and it didnt really have a definitive version. Both available versions were remixes (Guilty Mix, Garage mix)

Any way, I doubt they'll do a b-side consitantly as they did Party Girl

The Sweetest Thing was played "regually" on the first leg of the elevation tour...then it was sorta dropped....and picked up again for a few shows in Europe, but didnt make it back on the Elevation 3rd Leg.

I'd like a live Mercy! :drool:

bono_man2002 said:
The Sweetest Thing was played "regually" on the first leg of the elevation tour

Yeah, but that song was actually released as a single, and that was before the Elevation tour...so it was no longer just a B-side.

Well, they played Party Girl at the 10-31-01 Providence show. Thats a B side.

Also, Fast Cars is technically not a b side. Its officially on alot of the albums. I doubdt they will play it, but you never know. If they do it will probebly be on of those acoustic Bono and Edge only deals.

Ya know, Ground Beneath Her Feet was a bonus track on ATYCLB and I know I got to see it live a couple of times, so there's hope for Fast Cars...

Fast Cars is not a b-side, its a bonus track.. essentially my impression is the north american version its only a bonus track on the deluxe/collector's is because its very anti american... and in canada they are selling the deluxe at the same price as the regular edition, so i think that reinforces my belief

Last edited:
Though they were cover songs, the b-sides Unchained Melody and Satellite of Love were played a lot during the ZooTV tour, cos I guess they fit in well with the show. Satellite of Love more so.

I wonder if Neon Lights will be played live?

bcrt2000 said:
Fast Cars is not a b-side, its a bonus track.. essentially my impression is the north american version its only a bonus track on the deluxe/collector's is because its very anti american... and in canada they are selling the deluxe at the same price as the regular edition, so i think that reinforces my belief

it's not on the deluxe, only collector's

and the collectors is a lot more expensive than the deluxe here in Canada

"She's a Mystery To Me" is not a B side though. U2's version of this from the studio has never been released. Only the Roy Orbison version and the live versions are out there.

Last edited:
U2dork said:
Ya know, Ground Beneath Her Feet was a bonus track on ATYCLB and I know I got to see it live a couple of times, so there's hope for Fast Cars...

Yeah but that was a soundtrack song that was released to radio I'm pretty sure so it'd be like them playing Hands at a concert.

Seriously does no one have the M$H soundtrack?

UnforgettableLemon said:
Oooh ohh! I have it! It's goooooood.

Stateless :drool: I've got no home in this wooooorld

Stateless doesn't beat Mila talking about her Beaver.

Not to pick nits, but "B-side" means anything but the A-side on a single. "Fast Cars," "She's A Mystery To Me," "The Ground Beneath Her Feet," and certainly not "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" (which may have been released as a B-side for "Pride" but was originally an A-side four-ish years earlier) are not B-sides. If you mean anything that's not on an album, say "non-album tracks."

And "Holy Joe" rocks.

Last edited:
U2 appear to have stopped playing NEW b-sides live. I think the last time a b-side originally written by U2 debuted live was Holy Joe at the Popmart Tour press conference, and it was only played once. The last time a 'U2 original' b-side that was performed multiple times debuted was Slow Dancing on 1 December 1989. You may be wondering why I am discounting North And South Of The River, which was played once, but I recall some other artist being involved in the writing [?] of that song.

In other words, there probably is not a good chance of seeing any current b-sides in concert, but we probably will see Party Girl appear over the years and Spanish Eyes has a good likelihood of being performed in Spain (it only missed out on being played on the Popmart tour).

bcrt2000 said:

Sorry, but I really don't see it as anti-American. I see it more as a criticism of the channel-flippin', gadget-ridden, business-driven culture that's evolving. Get outta yer fast cars, and stop to smell the roses. :)

Back
Top Bottom