Last Night On Earth versions: Album or Single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
That's for me an amazing song.
I prefer the album version, i think...

And u?

MrBrau1 said:

Hell Yeah! They take an average tune and rock the hell out of it.

mmhmmm. I hate it when people have two options and make up a third, but in this case I'm going to go against my own pet peeve because live, it's on of my fav U2 songs, definitely top 10, but the album version is average at best.

yes, that is one of my fav u2 live songs

even bono rocks out on the guitar

I prefer the album version because it's more raw; the single version was polished up nicely, but it isn't really a song that benefits from polish. It usually sounded better live, though, especially near the end of PopMart.

Far from being one of my favourites... there's not so much of u2 identity there, it could be from any american rock act, but i recognize that it became interesting live, especially the "i wanna meet god!!!" intro.

...still regarding the live version, it was also possible to see that technically edge is becoming a better singer than bono...

I absolutely love Last Night On Earth ... I have this strange connection with it, and it's just amazing, it's ... life, really. It's hard to explain. I prefer the album version over the single.

It was awesome live, though I don't actually have a favourite. At the risk of derailing the thread, which live performance is everybody's favourite?

we all know live is unanimous... because of that, i asked between album and single. :wink:

Axver: i really like LNOE from "popmart live from mexico city" video.

How about a studio version (album or single) which incorporates the great guitar solo near the end of the Live version? A new version?

I remember buying the single in the summer time here in the US. When they use to sell singles. I think I have to go with the album version. Though the breakdown of the single is better, I really like the album intro. Anyone fans of the Washington DC live version. The breakdown is beautiful. Bono sings a great little melody. Oh how I miss Popmart in the summer nights....:sad:

Last edited:
victor_f said:
we all know live is unanimous... because of that, i asked between album and single. :wink:

Don't know if I've ever heard the single...b/c if I'm going to listen to that song I listen to it LIVE!

That's one of my favorite U2 songs ever. One of their best too. I like the album version better because of that heavy little guitar moment in the beginning. But of course the song takes a whole life of it's own once it's played live, much, much better. I think they should bring this song back since this new album will be so rock n' roll (thank God for that cause that's U2 better state, rock n' roll).

Back
Top Bottom