Last Night on Earth single - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2004, 07:09 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 03:32 AM
Last Night on Earth single

i have the import single of Last Night on Earth (green cover as opposed to the orange cover) On the front of the cd case it has a sticker that advertises Mixes by Danny Saber, Muggs, and Monkey Mafia.
Now the danny saber mix is Happiness is a warm gun, Muggs is part of the soul assassins on Numb, but who the hell are the Monkey Mafia, and what did they mix on this single?

Old 09-25-2004, 12:51 AM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:32 AM
Monkey Mafia is the alias of Jon Carter, a British DJ. He remixed Last Night On Earth (First Night In Hell Mix).

Old 09-25-2004, 06:22 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 09:32 PM
The funny thing about the "First Night in Hell Mix" is that it could be a remix to any song! It doesn't relate to "Last Night" in any capacity. There's no lyrics, no guitar riffs, nothing - it's like a "spooky" ambient song that might have been found on OS1!
Old 09-25-2004, 06:34 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:32 PM
I bought that single years ago and took it back the next day. I was quite simply appalled...

A) I STILL hadn't bought 'Pop', and was yet to hear anything other than the Live Version of 'Last Night on Earth' from Mexico City, which in my opinion remains the BEST version of that song in existence! When I put it in, there was NOTHING that sounded remotely like Last Night on Earth and it just droned on like an air-raid siren for god knows how long...

B) I wasn't happy with the Happiness is a Warm Gun remix. Was this a remix of a cover U2 recorded sometime during the 'Pop' sessions but never released? I'd like to know...

C) Pop Musik sounded great but just dragged on pointlessley by around 4 minutes...plus the original version reigns supreme!!