Last Minute VH1 Awards Voting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
The show is tonight, and you have about 2 hours left.
http://www.vh1.com/mymusic/2001/

Vote!

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I just did - twice, in fact.
wink.gif

One of my nicks on there is Interferencedotcom.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Thanks for the reminder, but we haven't much of a chance: Bon Jovi fans are engaging in child labor! This is an actual quote from over there
eek.gif

I am a lucky person coz I have 2 kids old enough to stay awake and to help mom in the voting stuff !! Right now I'm have a little break and (another! ) little drink .....while they are voting just beside me !!I feel totally boosted....bye ...I'm voting again now !! BON JOVI will win !!

Some of them are quite literally voting for hours at a time, skipping normal social engagements to sit and vote for a meaningless hair band in a meaningless awards contest. Can you say chemical imbalance?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by mug222 (edited 12-02-2001).]

We'll see, I think our team is doing quite a bit behind the scenes "if you know what I mean"
wink.gif

Does it really matter though. It bothered me at first but the Bon Jovi fans took the fun out of it by starting the cheating. Then we did and it got ugly. BJ fans are a bunch of hypocrites though. They emailed VH-1 about our voting technique but I bet they neglected to mention that they themselves were voting multiple times as well, just not as efficiently.

I have to hand to most of the DMB fans, they didnt get all that pissed about the situation (some did) but overall they really didnt seem to care all that much. If U2 is going to lose I would rather it be to DMB than BJ. There is absolutely NO WAY Bon Jovi had the hottest tour this year. Hell it only lasted 2 months!

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 12-02-2001).]

The VH1 awards are all about which group has the most obsessed fans. They ought to call them the "These People Have No Lives" Awards.

MAP

I was looking all over that site. Where can I check to see the current standings?

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

"I said I believed in standing, and in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

I happen to be a fan of both bands, and I was backstage at a Bon Jovi show in Cleveland in May, with both Bon Jovi and U2.

U2 had performed there a couple of days earlier and stayed in town to watch Bon Jovi and hang out with the guys.

Both bands respect each other immensely, so why can you people just grow up and do the same?

I think that winning any award is far less important than the level of disrespect you guys have reached here.

And just to top it off, don't you think your behavior here is the total opposite of anything Bono preaches?

Originally posted by Zoomeranger:
VH-1 removed the results to make it "more exciting".

frown.gif
No fair! O well.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

"I said I believed in standing, and in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Originally posted by bothbandsfan:
>I happen to be a fan of both bands, and I was backstage at a Bon Jovi show in Cleveland in May, with both Bon Jovi and U2.<

Hey congratulations, that is soooo cool!!!
smile.gif

>U2 had performed there a couple of days earlier and stayed in town to watch Bon Jovi and hang out with the guys.<

How nice of them.

>Both bands respect each other immensely, so why can you people just grow up and do the same?<

You seem to have some issues buddy, why else are you here? This is a radiohead board - the U2 board is over at DMB nancies site.

>I think that winning any award is far less important than the level of disrespect you guys have reached here.<

I dont mean to disrespect you, but I dont even know you. And for that matter I dont even know the bands personaly. You take music and people's opinions on the net too seriously.

>And just to top it off, don't you think your behavior here is the total opposite of anything Bono preaches?<

Well most people here arent mindless sheep if your looking for fanatics that following a bands every whim - even if told to jump off a bridge - then try that bonjovi fan site
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom