Last Gig As Boys Say Goodbye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claytons edge

The Fly
I know the world would want something of U2,but their last gig has to be in ireland.We had a beautiful staque laid yesterday for PHIL LYNOTT and it was watched by over a thousand people for a man of high talent.Seriously speaking when U2 finish,it better be here and i want my kid's to see a staque erected to people who have changed every person's life and given them guidance toward's thing's that matter and U2 give that.P.S i'm not religious,so don't bible bash me,although i do believe in god,but when they finish i'm sure i can tell my grandson,'now this bono fello was small,but by god laddy you should see him jump in croker,he used to scream VERTIGO and jump a mile high'.

CMB737 sorry if i didn't explain myself,but PHIL LYNOTT was part of THIN LIZZY and it took 19 year's to commemarate him in ireland,he died in 86 and U2 played slane on the bill for him in 81' and in bono's word's 'we were shit' .When any member of U2 pass i'm sure we'll get the same,but that doesn't distract from the fact that U2's last gig must be in ireland

I have awoken now,blame my brother,he likes to take my mantle so to speak when i'm asleep,but he is right although he is asleep on the floor.U2's last gig should be in dublin,shouldn't it?

I don't think it will be announced, meaning I don't think they will mount some lame 'farewell tour.' I think they will just wrap up whatever tour they happen to be on, and the next one just won't be announced. Because I don't see U2 ever making an actual "decision" that some certain gig will be their last.

unosdostres14 said:
I would really appreciate it if a mod closed or moved this thread.

DO SOMETHING TO IT! :scream:
if this thread bothers you that much, DON'T READ IT. this thread isn't going to be closed or moved just because you guys think it should be.

some of you have attempted to actually add to the discussion but a lot of you are jumping on this guy and attacking him. i have no idea why you guys are but you people need to cut it out now. there's no need to attack the guy for expressing his opinion, which isn't even that bad. he just thinks U2 should play their last gig in ireland. so what? if you agree or disagree that's fine, but if you don't actually have anything worthwhile to add and just want to be rude, stay out of this thread.

well considering their last gig ever will not be during the Vertigo Tour, i can see why some people should think it should be moved from the Vertigo Tour forum

Chizip said:
well considering their last gig ever will not be during the Vertigo Tour, i can see why some people should think it should be moved from the Vertigo Tour forum
who knows? it may be. we won't know until 2010 (i'm highballing here figuring if they tour, then wait a few years to release another album and announce they won't tour because i too don't think they're going to just say "this will be our last concert ever") if vertigo will be the final tour. so please remind me in five years to move this back if that is the case, k? :wink:

alright ive got this thread bookmarked and made a note in my 2010 calendar to check back in on it :wink:

I do believe their last gig should be in Ireland, it wouldn't be right if it wasn't. After all, Ireland is their 'tribe'. I also think that you would get a much better show out of the boys if you played in Ireland. It would be very emotional, it would be a fantastic setlist, and there would be an amazing speech by Bono. If you have it somewhere else, it would be somewhat an anticlimax.

I do stand by this, even though I'm an Aussie boy! :D

Let's just pray that their last gig isn't for a while yet.

Thanks Khanada for sticking up for me,i think some people can be bitchy when one person respond's negatively,then some feel they have to follow,but that's just the way it is i suppose and i won't lose any sleep over it.I mean the people who reply to complain about the thread musn't have anything better to do

I am more worried about people who are religious(?) but wouldnt know God if She bit them in the arse!
And, no U2's last gig shouldnt be in Ireland, it should quite obviously be in Adelaide.
:wink:
:dancing:

RavenBlue said:
I hope the boys never say goodbye.. but maybe that's just me...

No, it's not just you....

I know they can't keep touring forever but I'd feel better if they never actually said goodbye....

I mean they can stop touring when that time comes...as long as I'm not told that they won't tour again...

Man... I wonder if they'll latch on any new fans with their last album, whenever it is released. How awful those fans would feel if they found out that it's going to be their last and that a farewell tour is on the way. :|

I'd prefer if U2 did say goodbye someday because I personally wouldn't want a U2 album when they are all in their 80's. They might retire but come back for charity plugs or do another collaboration album - after all it was passenegers volume 1, volume 2 has to come sometime?

And if U2 did not quit it would be contradictory to their own lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom