Last Chance to EXIT, Saturday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andisono

The Fly
Saturday's Ventura gig very well may be the last EXIT show of the year. EXIT have been turning down gigs to dedicate more time to writing original material. Unless something huge comes along, this will be the last EXIT show for quite some time. Don't miss your last chance to see EXIT at one of the grandest theaters in Southern California:

Saturday, Nov 2, 2002

ARTIST DIRECTION
in association with
95.9FM 'The Octopus' CLASSIC ROCK
Presents
CLASSIC ROCK TRIBUTES

The Majestic Ventura Theater
26 S. Chestnut St.
Ventura, CA
Box Office:
(805) 653-0721
www.venturatheater.net
ALL AGES! Doors open 8:00pm.
EXIT opens the show at 8:30 sharp!

Also appearing:
Space Oddity - Tribute to David Bowie
Peace Frog - Tribute to The Doors
The Iron Maidens: World's Only All-Female Tribute to Iron Maiden!

Tickets are $17.50. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster or from the Ventura Theater Box Office.

Contact Christine at exit@u2mail.org for any questions!

Andi
http://www.u2lafans.com

Hello Andi ...

I come all the way from the Philippines but happen to be in LA now and will leave November 3 for the Philippines. I plan to watch the show. Just a few questions:

1. Would it be possible to meet Exit after the show and take some pictures with them?

2. Will Exit play exclusively U2 covers only? What was their setlist like in Whisky A-GoGo?

3. How do I get to Ventura from Fullerton or Pico Rivera (I might be in any of those places on Saturday)?

I tried going to Whisky A-Go-Go last Saturday at around 10:30PM but Exit were done. In bars in the Philippines, bands play for hours, so I thought Exit would be the same. I didn't know that many bands would also play and that Exit only had a 30-minute set. To cut a long story short, me and my friend didn't go to Whisky A-Go-Go. Instead, we went to the Hustler store right accross Whisky and just looked around - I did get to buy one item --- a Q mag issue with U2 on the cover!

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Bands in L.A. average a 45 minute set in major clubs... the Whisky allows only 35 minutes unless a band headlines, then they get more time. EXIT play longer sets of an hour to two hours when they play smaller, less well known clubs.

I can't remember exactly, but I think the set list for that night was:

Elevation (Lick my Legs)
Helter Skelter
Bulldozer (EXIT song)
Streets/Beautiful Day
Ultraviolet
Electric Co.
Won't Get Fooled Again (Irving Plaza version)
I Will Follow

On Saturday, EXIT will have a little over 45 minutes and should play a few of the same and many different songs. They go on at 8:30 sharp. Right now they only play one EXIT original song in the set and all the rest are U2 songs or covers of covers U2 has done.. I expect BAD to be played but can't tell for sure. There will also be other tribute bands after EXIT, including Bowie, Doors and Iron Maiden tributes.

I'm sure it won't be a problem to meet them. Usually, EXIT are pretty available afterwards, and they occassionally go out with the rest of the u2 fans afterwards. It just all depends on the venue and what's going on at the time. If you want to ask EXIT directly, e-mail them at exit@u2mail.org

As for directions, I think Fullerton is really freaking far from Ventura, at least 1 and 1/2 hours. I know it's going to take me an hour to get from Hollywood to Ventura, so if you're coming from Fullerton or Pico Rivera, you got quite a drive! :) Go to mapquest.com for exact direction.

Thanks! Hope u get to make it!

Andi

Andisono said:
Bands in L.A. average a 45 minute set in major clubs... the Whisky allows only 35 minutes unless a band headlines, then they get more time. EXIT play longer sets of an hour to two hours when they play smaller, less well known clubs.

I can't remember exactly, but I think the set list for that night was:

Elevation (Lick my Legs)
Helter Skelter
Bulldozer (EXIT song)
Streets/Beautiful Day
Ultraviolet
Electric Co.
Won't Get Fooled Again (Irving Plaza version)
I Will Follow

On Saturday, EXIT will have a little over 45 minutes and should play a few of the same and many different songs. They go on at 8:30 sharp. Right now they only play one EXIT original song in the set and all the rest are U2 songs or covers of covers U2 has done.. I expect BAD to be played but can't tell for sure. There will also be other tribute bands after EXIT, including Bowie, Doors and Iron Maiden tributes.

I'm sure it won't be a problem to meet them. Usually, EXIT are pretty available afterwards, and they occassionally go out with the rest of the u2 fans afterwards. It just all depends on the venue and what's going on at the time. If you want to ask EXIT directly, e-mail them at exit@u2mail.org

As for directions, I think Fullerton is really freaking far from Ventura, at least 1 and 1/2 hours. I know it's going to take me an hour to get from Hollywood to Ventura, so if you're coming from Fullerton or Pico Rivera, you got quite a drive! :) Go to mapquest.com for exact direction.

Thanks! Hope u get to make it!

Andi

Damn, that is far! I don't think I can get to make it. We'll just have to wait and see!

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom