Larry's drumming on HTDAAB Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish he was louder! :mad:

I love the beginning drumming of COBL

This album really shows Larry's capabilities as a band drummer. He never puts fills where there not supposed to be and he makes every effort to be musical, not a standout. He's part of the essence of U2's identity. Yeah, you'd think it was The Edge.

I've always viewed LMJ as a mentor to my own approach to drumming. The music comes first, showing your chops comes second.

Phi said:
This album really shows Larry's capabilities as a band drummer. He never puts fills where there not supposed to be and he makes every effort to be musical, not a standout. He's part of the essence of U2's identity. Yeah, you'd think it was The Edge.

I've always viewed LMJ as a mentor to my own approach to drumming. The music comes first, showing your chops comes second.

Dude, you're so fucking right!!! :up: :up: :up:

I analyzed the numbers,; here are the results:

my mind is 97.84% sure that Larry still rocks the drumkit on this record.
the percentage of snare drum to my craving ratio is 87.39%, based on actual amounts of ass-kicking delivered by mr. mullen jr.
the chances of me being happy with the cymbals are now at 94.86%, based on the relative quotient of bling bling to hoopla.

now then, if the live set geometric slope of bass drum combines with the relative isometric pressure of tamborine, there's a 94.13% chance of me standing up and yelling "hooyaa!!"

however, there's only an 87.34% chance of that.

*numbers prepared by jick demographics inc.*

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom