Larry singing backup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vox4Life

Babyface
For the live performances of Surrender, did Larry provide the backup vocals during the chorus? Or was it Adam? I'm pretty sure it wasn't Edge since he was occupied with the lap steel guitar. Thanks for any insight!

Cheers,
- Jim

Surrender, and it was adam backing for that :) there are quite a few pictures of it, and on youtube there's a clip of the song, where you can clearly see Adam singing :)

oh and Tuwie, Larry also did ZooStation backing vocals during AB era, and ofcourse Numb :)

:drool: "do adam or larry sing on any song?" thread!

larry did sing on surrender ( you can see a teccie put the mic to his mouth during the chorus part on the uabrs vid)
adam sang the chorus to i will follow on the same vid
he also sang on out of control but it wasnt on the vid (its on youtube though)

is it just me or can you see larry doing a wooooooooo hoooooo part on elevation on the milan dvd?:drool:

He also sings the "Sunday Monday Tuesday..." part on Daddys Gonna Pay. Also don't forget about Love and Peace ("RAH-LEASE, RAH-LEASE, RAH-LEASE!") and singing irish drinking songs on Zoo TV.

I just love whenever Larry sings Elevation. Yes, Mr. Mullen, get down with your bad self. A MOLE! Digging in a HOLE!

b. john allen said:
he's also credited on their last album for miracle drug

Yeah...that`s right. ( he sings along with the Whohoho part before the God I need you help line )

But M.Drug live they used a back-up track instead of Larry singing live. ( check out the Chicago dvd , Larry playbacks )

And during leg 2 and 3 they even left out the backing track.
Coz Bono let the crowd sing with him.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Larry also sung during the final refrain of Sunday Bloody Sunday on the War Tour. You can see him singing quite clearly on the 1983-05-30, Devore bootleg DVD.

He might have also done backing vocals on Two Hearts Beat As One during that era. I can't remember. I know at least one of Adam or Larry sung on that song, but I don't remember which (it might have been both).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom