Larry singing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*k_i_t_e_86*

War Child
Ok, so we know that he does sing "oohh yeeah" part in Miracle Drug and also "i feel numb" part :wink:

What about singing during concerts? I have a bootleg with Larry singing "whiskey in the jar" and find it rather amusing:lol: Thats how i imagine an Irish man singing somewhere in an Irish pub :laugh:

So my question is- do you have any other bootlegs with Larry singing Irish songs? (i guess thats all he's ever sung)
Id really appreciate it :wink:

this is a little irrelevent, so apologies for it, but I always find it so odd how all three of Bono, Edge and Larry seem to have such similar voices.

Unfortunately all I have is a cassette tape that I made. My friend transferred it to CD but I am completely stupid about how to post that. Is it possible? It was in Maryland in 87, so maybe someone else has a boot of it?

After watching some bootleg dvd's it's evident that Larry and Adam used to sing backing vocals to "I Will Follow" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" among others that I can't remember right now

I present you the lead singer of U2.....Larry Mullen junior!!!!

pdvd139fu.jpg

pdvd1131xd.jpg

pdvd1144ik.jpg

pdvd1488gr.jpg

MissMoo said:
This is old, but....I do have a bootleg of Larry singing "Tequila Sunrise"

That's from 12 December 1987, Hampton.

I have also snapped screenshots of Larry singing the final "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" live in 1983. I think he also joined in on Two Hearts Beat As One. All four sung on those two.

Hmmm... I thought that Adam admitted once that even though he had a mike in the early days and 'sang' into it, that they kept it unplugged? I dunno...

and hey, thanks for the pictures, but I got one question:

LarryLevitates.jpg

Is it just me, or does Larry look like he's levitating in this one?

goat

Mullen is a terrible singer. But he is a great apologist. And an even greater drummer. He's easily one of my favorite U2 members.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
Mullen is a terrible singer. But he is a great apologist. And an even greater drummer. He's easily one of my favorite U2 members.

Cheers,

J

I hope you realize that his "2 words" were directed to you...
I can even imagine Larry reading your posts and writing that part of his letter...

bathiu said:

I hope you realize that his "2 words" were directed to you...
I can even imagine Larry reading your posts and writing that part of his letter...

Directed to me or not, he still is my favorite drummer and one of my favorite U2 members. And he makes a great apology-letter-writer!

Cheers,

J

rivergoat said:
Hmmm... I thought that Adam admitted once that even though he had a mike in the early days and 'sang' into it, that they kept it unplugged? I dunno...

and hey, thanks for the pictures, but I got one question:

LarryLevitates.jpg

Is it just me, or does Larry look like he's levitating in this one?

goat

It really does :huh:

He looks like an oversized plastic Action Man, being lifted up by Bono - the pose he's in looks so damn rigid.

Hello, nice Larry Photos. Ive heard him sing and hes not really that great. Ok, dont kill me on here please. There are some drummers who are meant to just play drums. Larry is one of them.

I had a bootleg concert in which Larry did a rendition of Thin Lizzy's "Whiskey in the Jar".....

Back
Top Bottom