Larry Mullen Jnr. vs. Philip Selway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok larry's hair.. is due to that stupid gel he puts in it! Personally, I think its aweful! :yuck:
here it is without that bloody gel:
exhibit 1
Larryinmexico.jpg

but at least its not like this..
exhibit 2
Scaryblondethom.jpg

on a side note.. u guys listening to the AOL radio deal with Overdose of Radiohead?

i think if we keep talking about this we may see this thread end up in PLEBA...:ohmy:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
ok larry's hair.. is due to that stupid gel he puts in it! Personally, I think its aweful! :yuck:
here it is without that bloody gel:
exhibit 1
Larryinmexico.jpg

but at least its not like this..
exhibit 2
Scaryblondethom.jpg

:yikes:

on a side note.. u guys listening to the AOL radio deal with Overdose of Radiohead?

yea its great........nonstop radiohead:drool:

COBL_04 said:
Whom is Philip Selway?

I vote per la WOMANISER!!

Well, if you click on one of xavi's links earlier in this thread, you'll know.

Larry's a great guy and stuff, but the answer is obviously Selway. No contest, even if U2 has meant more to me, over the years.

I agree that based on technical proficiency as well as form (remember that Larry's entire body is pretty effed up from never learning to play the drums correctly) and varied skill, Phil is the better drummer.

However, he holds nothing on Larry for the hi-hat-16th-note-to-snare-military form that Lawrence has perfected.

But Phil is way better. I'd also really love to have U2 write a song in 5/4 or 7/8 to see what Larry (and Adam!) does with it.

I'm sorry, but larry's hair is never nasty, just changes with the times--he is a rock-steady drummer, lacking in ego, plays to the low end, the vocal goes above and the guitar above them both to create the beautiful layer-cake that is U2.

Laura1971 said:
I'm sorry, but larry's hair is never nasty, just changes with the times--he is a rock-steady drummer, lacking in ego, plays to the low end, the vocal goes above and the guitar above them both to create the beautiful layer-cake that is U2.

CAKE :drool:

I don't know anything about drumming but i'll just say larry anyway 'cos i like his drumming on 'i threw a brick' (and i didn't like that National Anthem song by Radiohead)

Laura1971 said:

Sweetie, all musicians have egos. Every single one of them. Even Larry. As for Larry's hair never being nasty...I disagree. Recently, Larry looks like he has dunked his head into a pot of old cooking oil and let it set for a few days.

GibsonGirl said:

Sweetie, all musicians have egos. Every single one of them. Even Larry. As for Larry's hair never being nasty...I disagree. Recently, Larry looks like he has dunked his head into a pot of old cooking oil and let it set for a few days.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:yes: now that has got to be the best way to describe it!! :giggle: WTG GG!! :up:

GibsonGirl said:

All /people/ have egos; musicians don't hold the corner on that market.

I suspect, though, that Larry doesn't have an ego in the way Laura1971 is terming it - 'unjustified arrogance'. He's got a lot of justified confidence, though. Just watch him long enough.

And that last comment: pfft:lmao: Pterodactyl. He even has the proverbial cone thing on top of his head..

It seems so far, Phil leads this 3-1. A bit surprising, considering that this is a U2 board :hmm:

U2Man said:
It seems so far, Phil leads this 3-1. A bit surprising, considering that this is a U2 board :hmm:

I remember when Radiohead won
a poll against Coldplay................

in a coldplay board :lol: :lol:!

xavi, have you managed to download any of the rar files from the thread on atease containing lossless songs?

because nearly all of those i've downloaded have been corrupt or incomplete :huh:

U2Man said:
xavi, have you managed to download any of the rar files from the thread on atease containing lossless songs?

because nearly all of those i've downloaded have been corrupt or incomplete :huh:

no, link??:wink:

OK I managed to download some files..and got no errors.....

what program are you using to open the files??

winrar

it's the rar files containing more than one file that give me problems.

U2Man said:
winrar

it's the rar files containing more than one file that give me problems.

don't know how to help you...but if you want i'll download some of them and upload them here ...

thanks xavi, but i tried a few more times, and it seems to be working now!

Back
Top Bottom