Lara Croft on Popmart?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropean103

Refugee
As we know in 1997 U2 have bought Lara Croft's rights, so they could use her later on Popmart screen. We can see her in Mofo video (that one with Morleigh Steinberg), but this video was made from the whole show, we don't know when she was really displayed. So... when she was shown? On what song, mayby in the Lemon part? I haven't seen her on the Mexico video or on many bootlegs (Sao Paulo, Rotterdam, Reggio Emilia etc.), so she was mayby displayed only on the 1st leg? If yes, then when? :p Somebody have been on the show with her or know the answer to this question?

IIRC, they used footage from Lara Croft during Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me. Not that much though (as the song ended with all the dead icons/rockstars).

I'll try to look it up...

Thanks for info! Somebody knows anything more about it or that's all? Also I am curious what images were shown during Miami. If you have some screenshots please post!

haha i just watched this last night

they used her a lot during miami...

ok i just watched it again, it wasnt a lot, it was just a short little thing

sorry these pics arent clearer, but its the best i could do:

this was the main image
miami.jpg

then youd see bonos head in the middle
maimi2.jpg

then here is laura riding a bike through a tunnel
miami3.jpg

now she is riding up a mountain
miami4.jpg

she ran the bike off of the mountain, jumps off the bike, and lands in the water, and then it goes back to the main image
miami5.jpg

it may not have been like that at every show, but thats how it was on the dvd of the show i had. i know in the mofo montage she was shooting a gun, and i didnt see that on my dvd

Last edited:
btw that was the edmonton show on june 15th...which was the first leg of the tour

Last edited:
it would get jumbled up when edge rocked on the guitar
miami6.jpg

bono laying on a beach towel on the bstage ramp
miami7.jpg

this pic turned out funny
miami8.jpg

sunsets at the end
miami9.jpg

people dont like this song, but it rocked live

Better something than nothing. Big thanks for posting those pics! And yes, Miami rocked live. Listen to the Leeds perfomance from 28-08-1997. Great choruses, also I love Bono's spanish (?) lirycs in the end. Bad move that they retired the song after 2nd leg. :|

Last edited:
I think she was displayed in Last Night On Earth in the first leg if I remember correctly.

Chizip said:
btw that was the edmonton show on june 15th...which was the first leg of the tour

So that would mean you have a video of the Edmonton show? I was there and would like to talk to you about it. Could you contact me at:

srw777 at gmail dot com

Thanks,
srw

I was at that show too...I have the video as well but havent watched it in a long time! but it was a brilliant show!

Back
Top Bottom