Lady with the Spinning Head - The Fly solo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltines17

The Fly
On the 90s B-Sides, about 5:14 into Lady With The Spinning Head, it sounds exactly like Edge's The Fly solo... is it just me?

Also, forgive me if this is common knowledge, but is the "extended dance mix" on this disc the only version of this song?

The first version of LWTSH is a 4 minute and some seconds version on the 'One' single. The Extended Dance mix is on the EBTTRT single. This supposedly was an early version of both The Fly and Until The End Of The World.

actually, an early version of Ultraviolet and The Fly *note the UV1 by the title in the One Single version*

i have an earlier demo called 'dead man' that, as far as i know, is a demo of LWASH, pretty interesting. you can definitely hear around four different U2 songs in this one.

If you Like Lady with the Spinning Head, then get a copy of 'Take You Down' from the Salome Working Tapes. You won't be disappointed

When I hear the song, I hear a 'Until The End Of The World' and 'The FLY' combo in it...

Yeah, "Take Me Down" [salome demo] is a great track! The Extended Dance Mix of 'Lady with the Spinning Head' sample some of the wah-wah guitar from that track!

SWlondnr said:
apparently Lady with the spinning head was spin off of The Fly and it does have an uncanny echo of the fly because the bassline sounds the same too

Actually it was the other way around. But as stated previously on this thread originally Lady, Ultraviolet and The Fly were one song, but the basic structure was Lady originally.

Back
Top Bottom