Lady With The Spinning Head or Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Mix)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The original is good but the extended mix is a masterpiece - the whole second half of the song where it gets very instrumental is just pure :drool: Takes you to another world.

i don't even listen to the original. the extended mix, IMO, is one of U2's best moments.

Original = Pure U2 gold, which we'd all say "WHY ISN'T THIS ON ACHTUNG BABY?!" to when we all know it's too similar to the Fly and Ultraviolet.

Extended Dance Mix = Absolutely amazing! Guitar solos replaced/added here and there, a simply superb instrumental break which sounds like it's based on the break from the Spinning Head/Fly working Demo "Take You Down", combined with superb production make for a fantastic track! Not a bad word to speak of it!

the remix almost brought tears to my eyes when i first heard it. :drool:

blahblahblah said:
Original = Pure U2 gold, which we'd all say "WHY ISN'T THIS ON ACHTUNG BABY?!" to when we all know it's too similar to the Fly and Ultraviolet.

Extended Dance Mix = Absolutely amazing! Guitar solos replaced/added here and there, a simply superb instrumental break which sounds like it's based on the break from the Spinning Head/Fly working Demo "Take You Down", combined with superb production make for a fantastic track! Not a bad word to speak of it!

And you know, as brilliant as the extended mix is, 'Take You Down' is even better, imo, because it has a catchier chorus and even the slow part in the middle that we now know as the very beginning of Ultraviolet. Take You Down = :drool:

Haha! I'd love to agree but I just can't! :wink: I've been meaning to stick that ultraviolet-esque middle bit into the Extended Dance Mix...I'll get going on that now, actually! Should mix quite well! :wave:

Oh man! Its so close, but I'd have to give the nod to Lady With the Spinning Head. Me and a friend of mine have had some good times singing it and our mothers looking puzzled. Both versions are unbelievable.

The extended re-mix is growing on me, turns on Time splitters 2, turns on spinning head cheat, picks female characther turns on extended mix.

The Extended Dance Mix. I don't even know why the "normal" version exists.

MattFromNYC said:
lol.. where'd you get your Bono quote sig from? :ohmy:
it's from a drawing (the text goes around and makes a picture) but i thought it was by the edge? well anyway, here's the pic:

15408maze.jpg

not a very good source as you can't make out the text at all but it's the only one i could find online.

oh!! as for the thread topic, i like the extended dance mix better. :drool:

Original LWTSH: Ballsy, fun, jumpy, and a little kickass middle-eastern-tinged guitar solo.

Extended Dance Mix: An orgasm for your ears. The synth strings and the buildup to that last guitar solo, wow!

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:

Extended Dance Mix: An orgasm for your ears. The synth strings and the buildup to that last guitar solo, wow!

Exactly. And that is why I choose the Extended Dance Mix...one of the few good U2 dance remixes. When it finally hits that guitar part it's like heaven, seriously. Amazing.

RE

I must say the extended edition has the best solo.. makes me feel great when i hear it :wink:

MattFromNYC said:
lol.. where'd you get your Bono quote sig from? :ohmy:

It's from the How TO Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Special Book Edition..
I read that passage one night, I only included the first half which is the main point I spose. I am unsure if it is from Bono or from Edge. or even one of the others.. However all the writing credits in the book go to Bono?

Back
Top Bottom