KRock in NY says they're getting it tommorrow and will play it first

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
and I asked him what time and he said he "didn't know yet" but that "we're definitely playing it first".

errr......:|

thats' true, and I wonder if they're even telling the truth about playing it tommorrow.

krock.jpg

Hell, everyone has the "Exclusive" first play....nah, Dave Fanning has it, and he'll be the first to spin it. KRock, Nova100, and that BS Arizona station (who someone claimed "already" played it) are pretenders.

See you all late Thursday....early Friday for the WORLD PREMIERE of Vertigo.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Hell, everyone has the "Exclusive" first play....nah, Dave Fanning has it, and he'll be the first to spin it. KRock, Nova100, and that BS Arizona station (who someone claimed "already" played it) are pretenders.

See you all late Thursday....early Friday for the WORLD PREMIERE of Vertigo.

K-rock ain't exactly a small station. they're the largest rock station in the New York City metro area, reaching about 20 million people, and are the people who put together the Irving Plaza concert U2 did right after ATYCLB came out. so I tend to believe 'em. perhaps they just meant they'd play it first in the NYC area, or first in the USA, etc. etc., not neccesarily first in the world.

artdirector said:
Powersurge you are absolutely right!!

im putting my bets on 102.1 the edge (toronto) to play it first north america because they love u2 and have a worldwide reputation, even when theres no news of them they still play our beloved songs :)

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i just hope they sponsor another promo club show like they did for ATYCLB @ Irving Plaza...

I didn't have a 92.3 card then so I couldn't win tickets:sad:

I have one now so I can :hyper:

My fiance was at that show and he reminds me constantly. If I had only met him a year earlier! grrrrr!

My bets are on RTE2. C'mon, it's in Dublin. Pretty obvious they will be the first.

I've been listening to Krock for the past three days and every time they play the promo the say "Sometime later this week" or "Sometime at the end of the week", very ambiguously. I think they don't even know when they will be able to play it. If it was definitely Friday, i would think they would say "listen to Krock this friday...". The flood gates will open tomorrow, just a matter of when.

for those in St. Louis area - 101.1 the river is doing promo's for the premire at 10:00 AM on Friday morning - I sat through an hour of music that would normally make my ears bleed to hear this little tibit - note to self - driving will listening to a vertigo promo spot - nota good idea -so shocked to hear an actual clear - good quality clip had a bit o'vertigo myself

When you click that banner it says:

Tune in tomorrow morning as K-Rock world premieres U2’s new single Vertigo

Plus starting at 3pm with Ben Harvey we’re celebrating the return of U2 by giving away iPod’s crammed with U2 music…

Just be the 92nd caller when you hear 3 in a row from U2 to win.

It was posted this morning, 9:35 AM.

Holy moley!!!!!

I live on Long Island (about 15 min. away from Headache), so I'm psyched for this! However, I'm in a class from 9 am-1 pm, then I'm working from 3-7 pm!

My class has a 1/2 break at approx. 10:30-11 am.

Should I

a)Run back to my car and listen to KROCK for about 15 minutes, then run back to class

OR

b) Sit tight in the classroom (which is a computer lab) and read Interference for 1/2 hour?

Decisions, decisions!!!

I think it is wild b/c I spoke with my bro-in-law in DC and he said he heard it twice driving the interstate in 10 minutes on 2 different stations.

I think once word was out that it was spreading like a wild fire online, it was fair game for anyone to expose the world to this infection.

Just listened to 92.3 krock at lunch and they had one full hour dedicated to U2. Some of the tunes played were One, Bullet the Blue Sky, Streets, and I Will Follow

Also, when they play 3 U2 songs in a row they are giving away a free ipod with every U2 album already on it. They call it a "Upod"

They said that they are giving away the Upod with every U2 album INCLUDING HTDAAB. Heard it with my own ears and was like WTF??? If this is true, which i dont know how it could be, perhaps we will have the whole album in the not so distant future...

I MUST win that upod!!!!! and yes they did say with the NEW album... Whoever wins from here, (godwilling) must share! that is worth gold right now!!!! Well I guess I won't be leaving the house this weekend! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom