Kite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Kite has emerged as my favourite song off ATYCLB. I love the violin (I think it's a violin) line, I love Edge's slide guitar, and I love Bono's singing on it, it's such a beautiful song, especially the chorus.

"Kite" is my fave track from ATYCLB, and it ranks as one of my top 3 all time favorite U2 songs.

i thought it was keyboards not violins...and guitar plaed with a slide

:up: one of my favourite songs :yes:

This song blew me away from the 1st time I heard it .... Definitely my favorite on ATYCLB!!!:up:
"Who's to say where the wind will take you
Who's to say what it is will break you
I don't know, where the wind will blow
Who's to know when the time has come around
I don't want to see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye"
These lyrics make me :sad:
And I wanted to hear it live so bad on Elevation tour, I was so excited when they played it at my 2nd Elevation show, 4/20 San Jose!!!

It blew me away too the first time, it still does, its one of my U2 favs.

I remember scribbling some of its lines on a wall.

You wonder what has happened to me.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
I remember scribbling some of its lines on a wall.

I got ATYCLB while I was living in the dorms...I had printed off the lyrics to and taped them to the outside of my dorm room door.

I really like the song. It's one of their best ya know? Moving and all that. The keyboard/violin thing at the beginning always sorta bugged me. I always wondered what it would sound like without that.

Kite is one of my all-time favorites. Its such a beautiful, moving song. :yes: I also think its the best track off ATYCLB.

Perle

Last edited:
My favorite lines are...

"Something is about to give, I can feel it coming, I think I know what it is"
"Life should be fragrant, rooftop to the basement"
"In the time when new media was the big idea"

:eyebrow:

Well anyway, I love Kite... This thread remained me it's a long while since the last time i put ATYCLB on.

*runs to the CDs*

Kite is a brilliant song, and I never fail to get irked when I see a comment somewhere that it's "cliche" or otherwise negative.

I remember loving it the first time I heard it, and I think all this time later, it's what the heart of ATYCLB is.

"Who's to say where the wind will take you
Who's to say what it is will break you
I don't know
Which way the wind will blow"

I love how "I don't know" combines the two.

Back
Top Bottom