Kite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevated_u2_fan said:
I'm just listening to the version off the WIITS single...

All I can say is wow, where was this during the Elevation tour???

My only 2 complaints are:

1. Bono's false start and pause, which I think is brave to include in a single - makes me wonder if the other versions where not recorded or not as good...

2. The dedication to Cate Blanchett before Edges second :)drool: ) guitar solo... I like Cate and all but it kind detracts from the song IMO.

Other than that, brilliant, he hits the high notes well and the acoustic intro with his wails gives me shivers...

:up:

See, I loved the version of it from Nov 10th that was posted on Youtube! But the Nov 11th one that made it to the single is not as good IMO. First, it has that awkward pause and repeat verse after "I'm not afraid to die...". Second, Edge's extended solo sounds better to me on the Nov 10th bootleg. Is it just me???

I thought the pause after "not afraid to die" was intended, too. But anyway: People who are not hardcore fans and don't know Kite won't even notice if there is a mistake. The song, for me, is so strong beginning to end, full of emotion, I love every second of it.

i just watched KITE Sydney...13/11/06 on youtube. thats truely an amazing performence...:up: who is the didgeridoo player???

Zootlesque said:

See, I loved the version of it from Nov 10th that was posted on Youtube! But the Nov 11th one that made it to the single is not as good IMO. First, it has that awkward pause and repeat verse after "I'm not afraid to die...". Second, Edge's extended solo sounds better to me on the Nov 10th bootleg. Is it just me???

I wasn't blown away with the Youtube video because it's kind of choppy and I haven't heard the boot so I can't say.

As for the pause and repeat of "Not afraid to die", does anyone know if this was intentional or not?

Perhaps he was doing something meaningful at the concert that doesn't translate when listening to it...

Back
Top Bottom