"KILL BONO"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
It's like changing the title of the first Harry Potter book from "Philosopher's Stone" to "Sorcerer's Stone," because they didn't figure a lot of 12-year olds would know what a philosopher was. :wink:

And they retitled the movie "The Madness of King George III" for the American market. They took off the "III" because they thought we'd get confused, because "they didn't see the first two movies". :confused:

Well yeah, I never saw the first two thousand Space Odysseys, either... :rolleyes:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Not neccessarily evil, but it is typically portrayed that way.
Indeed. It is also used in this way:

- Hey, Joe! How are you? Lousy day at work today, mate, let me tell you a story: I...
-- Uh sorry, do I know you...?
- Yeah of course you do, Joe, it's me, Tom!
-- I'm not Joe...
- ..... I'm terribly sorry then, I think you have a doppelgänger

WalkOn21 said:
Indeed. It is also used in this way:

- Hey, Joe! How are you? Lousy day at work today, mate, let me tell you a story: I...
-- Uh sorry, do I know you...?
- Yeah of course you do, Joe, it's me, Tom!
-- I'm not Joe...
- ..... I'm terribly sorry then, I think you have a doppelgänger

hehe that happened to me recently, except I am called Joe so I was doubly confused when this guy just started talkin away to me, I thought I had just forgotten who he was, but since he was using my name I just went along with it, trying to work out how the hell I knew him...until he mentioned orchestra practice...I am not part of the orchestra so when I just looked blankly at him..he just freaked out a bit and went 'oh crap your not the same Joe' haha

It amused me:wink:

Blue Room said:

:eyebrow: I think two people in this thread went to the Columbus show. :shrug: Obviously I did, I shot the picture I posted.

Make that three... :) I remember the whole "Kill Bono" thing!

LyricalDrug said:
It's so embarrassing that everything always gets dumbed-down for Americans!
Hmm, well, in this case I don't really mind. I think "Killing Bono" is a much more audacious title.

It would've been a lot worse if the original title was "Killing Bono" and the US edition had been renamed to "Bono & Me." or something to that extent. :eyebrow:

xaviMF22 said:
reminds me of this:
metoony13.jpg

which I thought was funny

lol I want one

From Pimm:

"U2 play Columbus for the first time since April 19, 1981. 'I want to tell you something about this city,' Bono quips right at the end of I Will Follow, 'When I was 14 years old my girlfriend, of Dublin town, came up to a guy from Ohio State. Came back from this University. No bra, Ohio State T-shirt, and not very much interested in myself. So I'm seriously pissed off with this place!' He finishes the song and adds, 'I'm not messin'!

"A fan in the audience is wearing a T-shirt that says 'Kill Bono'. Bono points at it and the fan throws him the shirt. 'Whaddaya think this is? Fucking pantomime?' Bono growls, starting Bullet the Blue Sky, and goes off on a mad rap: 'So this guy comes up to me, with his Kill Bono T-shirt. He's peeling off those dollars bills (...) What are we talking here. Merchandise. Rights. Ownership and all that stuff. What we are talking here, with his kill Bono T-shirt? We're talking 100! 200! 300! 400! I'm not dead. Send it off, poor little garage band from garage land. Awww, big guy with the big boots."

Peaches Geldof is a band called 'BONO MUST DIE'. Bless, talk about rebel without a cause.

How mean to diss her Father's best friend.

wannabe said:
From Pimm:

"U2 play Columbus for the first time since April 19, 1981. 'I want to tell you something about this city,' Bono quips right at the end of I Will Follow, 'When I was 14 years old my girlfriend, of Dublin town, came up to a guy from Ohio State. Came back from this University. No bra, Ohio State T-shirt, and not very much interested in myself. So I'm seriously pissed off with this place!' He finishes the song and adds, 'I'm not messin'!

"A fan in the audience is wearing a T-shirt that says 'Kill Bono'. Bono points at it and the fan throws him the shirt. 'Whaddaya think this is? Fucking pantomime?' Bono growls, starting Bullet the Blue Sky, and goes off on a mad rap: 'So this guy comes up to me, with his Kill Bono T-shirt. He's peeling off those dollars bills (...) What are we talking here. Merchandise. Rights. Ownership and all that stuff. What we are talking here, with his kill Bono T-shirt? We're talking 100! 200! 300! 400! I'm not dead. Send it off, poor little garage band from garage land. Awww, big guy with the big boots."

:mac:

wannabe said:
From Pimm:

He sounds real angry... :|

Back
Top Bottom