Key number of tracks for the new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
What would you say are the key number of tracks that the new album should have to please your fill of U2? No less then 8? No more then 13? Hrm? How many to you think the new album will have?

would be disappointed at anything less than 11

not expecting more than 12

to please my fill of u2?

I would love it for there to be 12-14 songs..

however I don't expect the new album to be more than 10 or 11.

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting question, my guess is no more than 12, based on past releases....However, since this is a supposed to be a more "simple" rock record, songs lengths could be shorter allowing for more songs. Soooo, 12-14 may not be outta the picture.

Remember, on tour, they're going to want to fit all - or at least some - of these new songs in with all their old classics. So they can't have far too many. But 10 or below would be a letdown. So I think it'll be no less than 11, no more than 12. I want 100. I want concerts that last for days. I'm also expecting something I'll never get.

It will certainly not be less than 11, the only time they released less than 11 was Zooropa, and it wasn't even supposed to be a full album.

I think 12 is a strong bet. Anything more than 12 is just a bonus.
I am hoping for 16, but it's not going to happen.

35,478,987,301,152,310 and 1 tenth songs. anything less will be unacceptable and result in return of the album.

For as long as they've been in the damn studio, I'd expect 20!!!

But really, 12 will do.
10 would suck.
11.....eh, not a fan of those even numbers.
13.....bad luck, resulting in albums failure.
14.....gift from above

You guys are all wack

10 would be perfect

i don't want a new album that's 2 hours long! 1 hour is fine!

They have to be 10 superd00per totally awsome songs though :p

Headache in a Suitcase said:

ummmm... isn't 11 an odd number?

:ohmy: ..........SHIT!

Total brainfart. Not a fan of odd numbers. Actually, 11 or 12 songs would make me happy.

Who really cares how many tracks there are? I'd take 8 or 9 if they are all great songs. The key to any good album is to keep out all the fillers and leave the gold.

Case in point, Springsteen's Born to Run. Considered one of the greatest rock albums of all time. How many tracks? Eight! But you get Jungleland, 10th Ave. Freezeout, Born to Run, Thunder Road, etc. all on the same album.

Of course, if they could maintain the quality, 11 or 12 seems to be their favorite #'s...

Back
Top Bottom