Keane's 'Is It Any Wonder?' [The Zoo Mix]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
A few people from Interference mentioned that Keane's new single Is It Any Wonder resembled Zoo Station, and EBTTRT.

:lol:

I had a little play in an audio editing program, and whaddyaknow :wink:

http://www.save file.com/files.php?fid=1605939

Last edited:
nah they sound completely different to me...

What did you use to merge the songs though? Its quite a good edit

I personally love Keane's new song. It's nice to see they aren't afraid to go in different directions with their music.

oHmyGawd, Keane are the new Coldplay! As if we hadn't just got over the bullshit about Coldplay, let's start another useless comparison! :huh:

JCOSTER said:
Now I think I made some comparison to Keane and U2 sounding similar in the other thread and was told that was the worst observation ever!:huh:

You said the video was like Vertigo and that the track thing running around them in the video (which goes around them, beneath them and over them) resembled the ellipse U2 used...when it is a small track for a camera, by the looks of it which is filming the video.

I can get the bit of U2 sound in the song, that is because Keane are influenced by U2, but hell, we mainly hear that because we go looking for the slightest bit of U2 in anything...

U2 have no copyright or patent on atmospherics or delay pedals....many bands will use a combination of both forever into the future, with and without any influence from U2.

hahaha, that's great.

and it's true, listening to the original song, the initial guitar sound reminds me of EBTTRT, then as soon as the bass kicks in it's ZS.

it's about time someone was influenced by 90's U2, everyone seems to be stuck on the 80's :wink:

LJT said:

You said the video was like Vertigo and that the track thing running around them in the video (which goes around them, beneath them and over them) resembled the ellipse U2 used...when it is a small track for a camera, by the looks of it which is filming the video.

I can get the bit of U2 sound in the song, that is because Keane are influenced by U2, but hell, we mainly hear that because we go looking for the slightest bit of U2 in anything...

U2 have no copyright or patent on atmospherics or delay pedals....many bands will use a combination of both forever into the future, with and without any influence from U2.

Its true that we do go looking for the slightest bit of U2 in anything. But it just totally reminded me of U2. And I could hear the influence there.:huh:

AtomicBono said:
hahaha, that's great.

and it's true, listening to the original song, the initial guitar sound reminds me of EBTTRT, then as soon as the bass kicks in it's ZS.

it's about time someone was influenced by 90's U2, everyone seems to be stuck on the 80's :wink:

There is no guitar in the keane song. Its all keyboard and drums. I did notice a similarity but its only in the drumming and its only a couple of beats but could have been nabbed directly of Zoo Station!

Its a quality song from a quality band. Anyone unsure check out 'bedshaped' and then watch the video. Quality.

great song, sounds like U2.even this guy's voice sounds like bono's especially in the chorus.welcome to zooropa 2006.

Most of the reviews are saying the new Keane album sounds like U2 Achtung Baby-era. Listening to the first single, I tend to agree.

CKONE said:

Its a quality song from a quality band. Anyone unsure check out 'bedshaped' and then watch the video. Quality.

Their best song, also 'Sunshine' and 'Untitled'

Last edited:
I really liked this song, and I totally think it sounds like 90's U2. But I think Keane really shows the difference between being "influenced" by someone and attempting to copy them outright.

And Chris Martin skips like a girl :ohmy:

The forum on their official fansite has a "what do you think of UTIS so far?" thread. In it you will see a concert download of some of the new material.

Back
Top Bottom