Just watched the Last Night on Earth video...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THE TRUTH IS REALLY OUT THERE!

I didn't realize that they removed those captions for the Best Of dvd! Why did they do that??? :mad:

Re: Re: Just watched the Last Night on Earth video...

Zoomerang96 said:

text-book case of an oblivious fan not "getting" something u2 did in the 90's, and calling it garbage.

you'd rather see them "7amming" to this song?

argh.

it would be hilarious if u2 hadn't started paying attention to comments like yours.

hey i "get" everything U2 has ever done. i guess im not allowed to like a music video! :mad:

such a good song deserves a better video.

Re: Re: Just watched the Last Night on Earth video...

Zoomerang96 said:

it would be hilarious if u2 hadn't started paying attention to comments like yours.

what the hell is this supposed to mean anyway? :angry:

Every recent video seems to be the band 'jamming' and most of them are just boring. Apart from SYCMIOYO from which is ok.

Majority of their videos include the band performing. :shrug:

Never did anything for me, but to each his own.

Weaker chorus than LNOE's?

"Oh you look so beautiful tonight"

And the chorus of UV is brilliant.

And as a pre-emptive strike, bite me Axver :wink:

The first time I saw the video, I thought it was awful. However, once I understood it was spoofing Twilight Zone/The X-Files I didn't hate it as much. It probably would've been helpful I were an XF fan before Season 6 (which was 1999, the video was 1997, hence me not making the connection).

While there were better Pop videos, I do think the song itself kicks ass.

i like those last moments with William Burroughs , even only for this moment ( and there are loads of others ) , this video is great , you can watch it quite a few times

I love this song AND video, although to be honest I can't explain why, lol! I really don't know. It's one I watch a lot on the DVD but... I'm not sure. Maybe I like it because it's so weird, I like weird a lot. And Adam's face in the car when Sophie Dahl's throwing herself about is priceless! The song itself, I love it... Lots of Edge-ness going on with the chorus, it's fab! :)

financeguy said:
Every recent video seems to be the band 'jamming' and most of them are just boring. Apart from SYCMIOYO from which is ok.

agreed. performance video's are lame for the most part.

I love Edge smiling before he steals a car, that makes me laugh everytime

the video is weird, and I like it, it's a fun song

the Original video is weird too, but people love that :huh:

chickadee said:
And Adam's face in the car when Sophie Dahl's throwing herself about is priceless!

My WTF icon!

I adore this video. The whole thing is just so "WTF". I remember, it wasn't even until like the 12th time I watched it that I even managed to understand what was going on. But possibly that's because the first 11 times were the DVD version without the subtitles, and a few shots edited out ;P
I just love it. I love the fact that Bono's not allowed to drive. I love every WTF factor in the video. I love that WTF look on Adam's face.
I'm even writing a story based somewhat on this video. I love it that much.

namkcuR said:
And the chorus of UV is brilliant.

If you think "baby, baby, baby, light my way" is actually brilliant, I know some Backstreet Boys CDs you'll enjoy.

Axver said:

If you think "baby, baby, baby, light my way" is actually brilliant, I know some Backstreet Boys CDs you'll enjoy.

:tsk:

WHY DON'T YOU SEE THE FUCKING LYRICS IN THE CONTEXT OF THE SONG??? WHY DON'T YOU? :mad: :rant: :banghead:

You bury your treasure
Where it can't be found
But your love is like a secret
That's been passed around
There is a silence that comes to our house
Where no one can sleep
I guess it's the price of love
I know it's not cheap
(Oh, come on)
Baby, baby, baby... light my way

Why can't you see the brilliance of these lyrics? :banghead:

I'm okay now. :crazy:

:wink:

Zootlesque said:
WHY DON'T YOU SEE THE FUCKING LYRICS IN THE CONTEXT OF THE SONG??? WHY DON'T YOU? :mad: :rant: :banghead:

You bury your treasure
Where it can't be found
Where no one can sleep
I know it's not cheap
(Oh, come on)

amen

Zootlesque said:

:tsk:

You bury your treasure
Where it can't be found
Where no one can sleep
I know it's not cheap
(Oh, come on)

I'm okay now. :crazy:

:wink:

Calm the hell down.

Regardless of context, it's a crappy chorus.

How is the chorus to All Because Of You any better, then?

All because of you
All because of you
All because of you
I am.

Of course, the verses of Ultraviolet are a million times better than those of ABOY! That's my opinion anyway. :shrug:

Zootlesque said:
How is the chorus to All Because Of You any better, then?

Did I say it was? I was actually going to include it when I was mentioning poor choruses but I'd already cited three songs, so I stopped.

And yes, the chorus of Ultra Violet sounds like something I'd expect to hear in a Backstreet Boys song. The verses don't, but the chorus, most certainly.

You're too technical! :wink:
Stop examining parts of songs with such high precision and just look at the concept and lyrics as a whole, will ya? :wink:

Axver said:
And yes, the chorus of Ultra Violet sounds like something I'd expect to hear in a Backstreet Boys song. The verses don't, but the chorus, most certainly.

You are missing the point of that song. By about a million miles.

Back
Top Bottom