just watched the Boston DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a-mole

War Child
okokok.. I know.. it has been out for a long time already.. but anyways.. I watched the Boston DVD today for the 1st time

dunno.. is it just me.. or are the people at the concertd DEAD????
like no enthusiasm, no real noise and all
I see so many people standing tehre with arms crossed *slaps them* WTF?? :rant:
tell me I am imagining things.. how rude is that??? what do they want at the concert anyways?
I watched the Sidney Zoo TV concert before Elevation Boston and theer.. man .. THAT was some noise and pyrtying
I don't get it
what was up in Boston? Is that normal.. don't think so.. or is it?

Tell me I am wrong... I'd appreciate it
(ok I admit... they are not boring during the entire concert "end of the world" was pretty noisy and stuff.. but I just meant my overall impression)

Last edited:
I didnt really get that impression at all when I've seen it.

If you just mean that they're quiet soundwise, I think that's because they've filtered out the crowd in the final mix. Other than that, I thought the crowd was as into it as any other U2 concert.

well.. ok.. so much for the noise part
but especially in the beginning.. when the crowd is fully lifghtened and you see the people.. there are so many just STANDING there.. arms crossed
I've been to a couple concerts (non U2) and I never saw that before... :(
:hmm:

There was a reason they were standing around during the beginning of the concert (Elevation at least). If you do a search on June 6th in Boston, I'm sure you'll find out all about the debacle. (And I'm not going to write what I thought about it because I don't want to start the whole debate again).

Have you seen the second disc, where you can see the show as a member of the public? That gives you quite a view of how the show has been in reality.

You can't hear the band when Bono enters the stage. Such a noise! Fantastic...

U2Lynne said:
There was a reason they were standing around during the beginning of the concert (Elevation at least). If you do a search on June 6th in Boston, I'm sure you'll find out all about the debacle. (And I'm not going to write what I thought about it because I don't want to start the whole debate again).

Oh come on Lynne, lets start it again!! LOL. Just kidding.
Yes, there is a reason some "fans" in the heart look upset. My position on the whole thing was made clear previously though. So no need to re-hash.

I think the overall show for the DVD is an average one compared to alot of the shows on Elevation. I think that has alot to do with it really. I wish they would release Slane. Even though it is an outdoor show and most of Elevation was indoors I think it captures the feeling of the Elevation tour better.

Although I loved the DVD....I also wish they would release the Slane Show......from what I've seen from the hour-long special couple of months ago.....it was much more emotional and the crowd was amazing, none of that "upset fans" ordeal....anyhow, I'm hoping they give in to that petition and release the DVD already.:D

bayernfc said:
Although I loved the DVD....I also wish they would release the Slane Show......from what I've seen from the hour-long special couple of months ago.....it was much more emotional and the crowd was amazing, none of that "upset fans" ordeal....anyhow, I'm hoping they give in to that petition and release the DVD already.:D

I also would like the Slane DVD released. :yes:

OK...what happened that day in Boston? I searched all over the place and the only thing I found was a baseball game that went into extra innings and Boston won 4-3.

That can't be it...?

yes it is, bono hates the red sox and made a rude comment about them and that pissed off all the boston fans

I also heard at the day of the Concert, since it was to be filmed, Security would let mostly good-looking people in the heart so some of the "fans" who were lined up were mad and some sat down during some songs (you can see Larry at the beginning of Desire shaking his head like :no: to someone in the audience)..... but as in turns out those "prostestors" were the same people who got into the heart for several concerts in a row......so correct me if I don't have the right info, but that's pretty much it.

ah ok
I understand.. I read some stuff about the same people being in the same spots and all
they put on a pout then :hmm:
beautiful people?? :lmao: well.. so me the people in teh front row do not look better or worse than anyone else to me ;) so I guess it really seemed to be mostly the pissed of ones

bayernfc said:
I also heard at the day of the Concert, since it was to be filmed, Security would let mostly good-looking people in the heart so some of the "fans" who were lined up were mad and some sat down during some songs (you can see Larry at the beginning of Desire shaking his head like :no: to someone in the audience)..... but as in turns out those "prostestors" were the same people who got into the heart for several concerts in a row......so correct me if I don't have the right info, but that's pretty much it.

Thats pretty close. Except for the "good looking" people part. "Fresher" looking people was the term used that day supposedly. They picked about 100 people from the back to middle of the line and let them into the heart first. So those that had camped out all night for the front found the entire rim of the heart filled when they got in.

Ah yes... those diehard fans, at least one of whom claim to have paid "thousands of dollars" to follow U2 on their tour and had "earned" the right to be in the heart. :tsk: I always love seeing their sit-down protest on the DVD. :|

Last edited:
The crowd in Boston is pitiful. It's nothing compared to the Rattle and Hum concert crowds (either in Denver or Tempe).

Watching the Slane Castle crowd is an experience in itself. Have you ever seen such energy?

bayernfc said:

Obviously slane was more emotional - Bono's father just having passed away as well as the fact they were playing in Ireland at the Castle.

I'm glad they didn't let some few "upset fans" spoil the bunch- or the show.

I was there, in the heart, it was a great great show. :heart:Streets:heart:

So, it would be incredible to have Slane. just not in replace of Boston ;)

Blue Room said:

Thats pretty close. Except for the "good looking" people part. "Fresher" looking people was the term used that day supposedly. They picked about 100 people from the back to middle of the line and let them into the heart first. So those that had camped out all night for the front found the entire rim of the heart filled when they got in.

Almost- it wasn't the entire rim.. just the area against the stage and the tip.

oliveu2cm said:

Obviously slane was more emotional - Bono's father just having passed away as well as the fact they were playing in Ireland at the Castle.

I'm glad they didn't let some few "upset fans" spoil the bunch- or the show.

I was there, in the heart, it was a great great show. :heart:Streets:heart:

So, it would be incredible to have Slane. just not in replace of Boston ;)

Give us a wave next time i watch the DVD! hehe :sexywink: :p

Desert_Sky said:

Give us a wave next time i watch the DVD! hehe :sexywink: :p

:wave: ;)

actually my sister, bestfriend & myself all were on the dvd, pretty cool esp since they weren't in the pit. :happy: fun memories.

oliveu2cm said:

:wave: ;)

actually my sister, bestfriend & myself all were on the dvd, pretty cool esp since they weren't in the pit. :happy: fun memories.

Awww thats so cool, i got the bootleg of the earls court show i was at on video...yet to see myself though...and i doubt it seeing as its only a hand held cam...but i know the area im in...:(

aww yeah! it's like *screaming at video-filmer* move the camera just a littttttle more! haha. that's cool u have a video of a show you've been to! :)

oliveu2cm said:
aww yeah! it's like *screaming at video-filmer* move the camera just a littttttle more! haha. that's cool u have a video of a show you've been to! :)

i didn't even know one existed, until i went to Dublin 2 weeks ago and saw it in the best record shop ever :D
and thats right...im going mental when i watch saying 'thats probably me there! just there! if only you COULD see me!' hehe

Desert_Sky said:

Awww thats so cool, i got the bootleg of the earls court show i was at on video...yet to see myself though...and i doubt it seeing as its only a hand held cam...but i know the area im in...:(

Hey Desert Sky, I was at Earls Court on the Sat,Sun and Weds nite! I was in the heart on the Sat gig and remember seeing a guy filming on handheld cam! Is this the nite you have on bootleg? Would love to know where you got it from or if you could do a copy for a fee?

what a bomb! said:

Hey Desert Sky, I was at Earls Court on the Sat,Sun and Weds nite! I was in the heart on the Sat gig and remember seeing a guy filming on handheld cam! Is this the nite you have on bootleg? Would love to know where you got it from or if you could do a copy for a fee?

hey! Yeah the saturday night is the video i have, it was filmed from at the side, its a bit shaky but its cool to have a film of the gig. I got it in 'Rythm Records' in Dublin, they had a few of the other nights as well. I don't really know how i could copy it, but i could enquire from some friends :) and i always have the email addy to rhytm records, and they can post it over they said :D

Back
Top Bottom