Just watched Hot Press Awards on TV....Bono was langers!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks lazyboy, glad to see your highlights were pretty same as mine! God I loved David Holmes joke on boybands and wtf was that Six performance? Can't complain of Westshite though... aaaaaah c'mon they're quite good!
wink.gif

Also Larry was awsome, I was watching last night and my flatmates went :O "he talks?!?!?!". LMAO

Tut tut... evil boy that Bono guy... pretty pissed, i could smell that from home!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Hey Lazyboy I hate to ask such a dumb question but did Bono cut off all his hair? IT sure looks awful short in the few pics I've seen. How did it look to you?

U2.com has a picture. It looks like his hair is about the same as for Elevation tour to me. He does have a bad case of "hat hair" though.
smile.gif

------------------
Cheers!
Meringue

[This message has been edited by Lemon Meringue (edited 04-27-2002).]

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
Can anybody name more? I know there are other names for intoxication!

Hmm, I know about a million, but only a few spring to mind

Pissed
Fucked
Shit faced
Well on
Blitzed
Off your rocker

The sad fact is drink has reduced my memory so badly I can't remember the words to describe it
frown.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
Can anybody name more? I know there are other names for intoxication!

Hmm, I know about a million, but only a few spring to mind

Pissed
Fucked
Shit faced
Well on
Blitzed
Off your rocker

The sad fact is drink has reduced my memory so badly I can't remember the words to describe it
frown.gif

LMAO!!! Except for blitzed I've never heard any of those in connection with drunkeness! Off your rocker means crazy here, but so does out of his gourd, so I guess booze drove the person off the deep end!
biggrin.gif

He may have been beyond "tiddly"*, he may have been "shickered"* or "a bit full"*. If he been "blind"* he would never have pulled it off. The show must go on.
So
eek.gif
what does "langer" mean? Maybe DrWho can answer...Dr? New words are fun, but you have to be careful to be fully in control of them.Can you explain it please before I go using it the wrong place.
Nappy=diaper I had a discussion one day with an American woman about "nursing" my friend's baby. I was a bit embarrassed when i realised we meant different quite different things.

North , south?U2 doing the travelling?hint hint?...u serious?

* Australian descriptive terms for the varying degrees of being influenced by alcohol.

Hehe, I'm leavin this open! Winner gets a star!
tongue.gif

Cass! Go back and read the thread! Hint: there are about 2 dozen other terms for the condition here
wink.gif

Can I have the star anyway?

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
Cass! Go back and read the thread! Hint: there are about 2 dozen other terms for the condition here
wink.gif

Can I have the star anyway?

Haha! Drunk? You must be!!
wink.gif
LANGERS is drunk, not LANGER!
tongue.gif

What makes the difference? I'm no drunk, but my husband is!
rolleyes.gif
He's not funny either. Sigh.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Do we get to choose which star?
**puts on thinking cap**
suppose I'll langer off and ponder this one.

back
biggrin.gif

it's not that hollow at the top of a man's thigh bit thingie is it, by any chance?
Guess 1

Has anyone taped this that could possibly send me a copy in trade or whatever? Please let me know...I'm dying to see this! Email me!
smile.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Originally posted by cass:
back
biggrin.gif

it's not that hollow at the top of a man's thigh bit thingie is it, by any chance?
Guess 1

biggrin.gif
Cass....you gonna have to be more specific, and if you mean arse, no, not it
tongue.gif

Ok, langer, means a right asshole, or dickhead, so you were kinda on the right track, that's when referin to a person though. On its own, it means..well, the same as johnson, or you know! Like the bit in Austin Powers where they use about 10 different words to describe a part of a man's anatomy,yep, that's langer

Does this mean I win?

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 05-04-2002).]

what the..!!??
a few minutes ago it said post:1101 and that was funny to me.
Now it says posts:1104 .... doh
I am actaully going for the record of number of posts in a row. I think I must hold the edit title by now
smile.gif

Hey Lazyboy, somebody told me that Bono said he couldn't read the cues because he had forgotten his glasses. Does that mean the shades are really prescription glasses?

Oh, thought of some more drunk terms:

trashed
smashed
tanked
tranked
hammered
blazed
skunked

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

I think Larry has a thing for Caroline too, he never shut up bout her, how great she was and how good she looked
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Maybe he's just flattered bec. Caroline learned to play the drums through an ex-boyfriend who was a huge fan of Larry's.

Man, he was sooo sooo pissed!
biggrin.gif
Fair play to him, he was really funny too!

Why is Bono always drunk in public? He is a very articulate man and he makes himself sound and look like a schmuck when he gets inebriated in public.....

Originally posted by MBH:
Man, he was sooo sooo pissed!
biggrin.gif
Fair play to him, he was really funny too!

Why is Bono always drunk in public? He is a very articulate man and he makes himself sound and look like a schmuck when he gets inebriated in public.....

Boy howdy you said it! It's time somebody admitted that his drunken tomfoolery is not "COOL" it makes him look like a jackass, which he is not! He is a very smart and articulate man, and it just ain't fittin' him staggering around shootin off his yap and making a spectacle of himself, especially if he intends to be taken seriously in the world of important stuff like politics and world finances! He kind of reminds me of that fella Rasputin, who was always the odd, kind of scruffy laid back son of peasants hanging out with the high ups and all and having influnence with the government (the last Russian Tsar) and even being religious and saintly and faith healing, then going off drinking and carrying on in public! Like he wore the saint and sinner button? Bono is both and so was Rasputin- angel, angel or devil......

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

Im right here Lazyladdie!!!!!
biggrin.gif

hehe, well, yea I had recorded the show too, but never got to watch it.......last night however, got to watch part of it......kept skippin for U2 until BBC1's Cutting It came on........so yeah Ash rocked kickin off the show..........but Bono, yeah, saw that bit where he read the winner first, then he says, 'I dont often do this, ya know?', much to the little laughs of the audience...........ach it was a roly poly situation just............and yeah, girls, his hair does look chopped, like chopped roughly.....cause when I flicked, there was a backstage moment with him, and it looked a frizzy-fuzzy-backlash 'under-hat' style that was just not what we saw on Elevation..............I actually didn't like it..............hes also receeding a lot round the top now too..........ah well, hes gettin on in life, its to be expected..............who cares, I still luv 'im!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

and it was funny when the Spikey Mohican guy from Ash, said he felt nervous cause 'The Edge' was watchin him play.....
biggrin.gif
Damn!! I woulda said, 'Yo Mr Evans sittin on a chew-chew gnawin my ass with a stare glare huh?'

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Hehe, knew you'd show up Maddie! Thanks for the female insight into Bono's looks
tongue.gif

And MBH, if u are serious, take your thumb outta your ass and lighten up.

[This message has been edited by lazyboy (edited 05-02-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom