Just ordered the U2 ipod!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
I was so excited about this news when I first heard it last week. I said, ok if this rumor is true I know what I want for xmas. :wink:
Anyways told the hubby that I know what I want for xmas, and he was like...really I can't believe you have this figured out! (side note...I am the worse when it comes to deciding what I want, every year I never know till the last minute) So, I said I want the U2 ipod if it comes out as rumored. He was ok...
We both have been wanting to get a ipod anyways and have tons of mp3s on our puter. So, he's out to sea (in the navy) right now and the minute the apple store posted the u2 ipod today... I ordered that sucker! :cool:

Now I just have to wait 3 weeks....oooooooh the agony! :crazy: :lmao:

Anyone else gonna order it?

im considering it.

i have to come up with a justification for no longer using my palm tungsten t as an mp3 player first. also need a justification for why i should carry another device...

I'm ordering it tommorow...after I scalp my OSU football tix for it. I'm probably going to be excommunicated from OSU--that a big no-no. And I most likely will be eating Ramen noodles for the next year---but I'll be listening to my U2 iPod while doing it.

This is a NEED rather than a WANT, the way I see it anyways.

:huh:

349 bucks for the ipod, 149 for The Complete U2 download. (400+ tracks). The ipod comes with a 50 dollar coupon for TCU2, though

can i ask, why pay 350 bucks for an ipod when you can get much better mp3 machines that hold way more music for a fraction of the cost? is it the u2 label on the back? is that worth that much? i really don't get the ipod craze at all, is it just for the name? I have an mp3 player that records as well and is 40 gb and i bought for 250 bucks 2 years ago. i'm as big of a u2 fan as anyone, and will buy a lot of u2 stuff, but this i am not getting.

as an apple user it is difficult for us to get mp3 players that are compatible with mac, ipod is designed for us. easy to use, works great, lightweight, a bit pricey but mine has beengood fort he lat year and a half.

I've played around with other MP3 players out there and for me there was no comparison - The ipod is sleek, attractive, amazing sound, and friggin easy to use. My first ipod was out of the box no more than 30 minutes and it had all of my songs on it from my computer - I doubt I read the instructions (at the time I had a PC)
I've since graduated to being a mac user b/c of the ipod.

i see the point for mac users, but otherwise if you are on pc you i think you are wasting serious money.

my question though for the u2 ipod- isn't a normal ipod $200-250? so you are willing to pay an extra $100-150 for the color of the ipod, and the names on the back?

jphelmet said:
i see the point for mac users, but otherwise if you are on pc you i think you are wasting serious money.

my question though for the u2 ipod- isn't a normal ipod $200-250? so you are willing to pay an extra $100-150 for the color of the ipod, and the names on the back?

How do you figure? Pretty much every other HD-based MP3 player out there is right around the same price, bulky, has a lesser battery life, a smaller hard drive, terrible usability, terrible software, and the list goes on. The iPod, hands down, has the best interface out there. iTunes is also the best music management software out there, period. The combination of the two create a very powerful, yet easy to use system.

Sure, some other portable players have FM tuners, a few can play movies, and so forth. However, why would you want to listen to the radio when you've got your entire music collection with you. If someone can explain to me a logical use for video playback on a 2" screen, I'd love to hear it!

Everyone thinks that the iPod is popular just because it's the current cool thing to own. However, how do you think that happened? By being the best out there. The looks were a nice bonus.

Always remember, you get what you pay for :)

The U2 iPod is only 50 dollars more than the normal 20GB iPod. That extra 50 dollars is pretty much null & void, because you get a 50 dollar gift certificate to use on the iTunes Music Store. Given the amount of material that the digital box set will contain, I'm sure none of us will have a problem spending that 50 dollars. Finally, you get the laser engraved signatures on the back (laser engraving usually costs 20 dollars extra) and the very cool poster. I'd also be willing to bet that years from now, the U2 iPod will be worth a few bucks more than you paid for it.

jhelmet,
the 20gb ipod goes for $299 so with the u2 ipod its $49 more than the regular price.
I was also able to get a discount too on top of this $349 price

for those of us who have heard nothing but good things about the ipod and who have a ton of mp3s they would love to have on one device its a great thing...an added bonus.

sorry, gorman..didn't see your post.. didn't mean to be repetitive.

Last edited:
I hope it gets good sales. Apple is clearly banking on the idea that there are a lot of U2 fans out there who like to spend money.

I hope it gets good sales also but as much as I want one I probably won't buy it since I have a thrid generation ipod that I don't use all that much. I'll probably download some of "The Complete U2" though if you can download individual songs on to make up for the few I may have missing or are one vinyl as b-sides. As much as I want an U2 ipod I'd rather spend my money on concert tickets to see them again for a fourth time.

:eyebrow: I just ordered one for myself, being the greedy U2 fan I am. I dont think its an unfair price at all..I look at it as another collectible. Also, seeing that I was looking to buy an ipod anyway, having it be a U2 ipod is much cooler. It's worth the price to me. :shrug:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
jhelmet,
the 20gb ipod goes for $299 so with the u2 ipod its $49 more than the regular price.
I was also able to get a discount too on top of this $349 price

for those of us who have heard nothing but good things about the ipod and who have a ton of mp3s they would love to have on one device its a great thing...an added bonus.

sorry, gorman..didn't see your post.. didn't mean to be repetitive.

Question...so even if you get the $349 discounted, it still comes with the $50 off coupon? Are there multiple outlets for which there may be different discounts for the IPod price? I'm obviously a bit new to this world of Apple, sorry.

Also, we've heard some very positive things about IPod - can we also get some negative reviews? Anybody have a problem with and/or not happy with their current IPods? I want to hear about current generation IPods in particular. How does it compare to the Dell Jukebox, etc.?

Like many of you, I've lately been considering buying one of these IPods/Jukeboxes. This is great timing. And to answer someone's question...yes, for us collectors it's worth the extra $50 to get a U2 edition IPod.

99% there... :drool:

Hi,
The iPod will be avalible in australia $569 Dollars.
keep in mind we CANNOT! buy iTunes...or atleast as far as i know.

I'd would the iPod from USA though....its $369 US which converts to about $468 australia...saving you $100 there.
atleast thats my plan...

just need to get the tunes somehow.

Hey...it's 20 bucks saved....beer money.

They don't have to give a discount at all based upon being a student but they do. The student discounts for the computers are considerablly better I'm happy to just have some sort of discount.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Hey...it's 20 bucks saved....beer money.

They don't have to give a discount at all based upon being a student but they do. The student discounts for the computers are considerablly better I'm happy to just have some sort of discount.

Honestly, Discount or not I want to show you some songs that equal = Christmas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom