Just look at this picture....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe he has. It happens. But this is going to get moved to Just the Bang and the Clatter, the off topic music forum;)

Hrmm. Very good point, U2Kitten...

But then again.. that is a pic of Bono.. We'll see where this goes. :)

i think we all remember what happened to the last bono is fat thread

people are a little sensitive about this type of thing

at least it wasnt posted in pleba :shifty:

Hmm, well I hadn't really intended to say that bono is fat. Frankly, I just saw the picture, and the pose-hat-hair combo looked so darn much like axl that I thought it would be good for a laugh.

Guess I was wrong, eh?:reject:

BONO?! Well my computer was acting slow and I didn't even click on it. I believed you. :huh: Poor Bono. I think he looks gorgeous in the recent pics.

bono is bono is bono. leave him alone.
if i were lucky enough to have such a passionate, good looking, talented, and successful man in my life i'd be a lot better off.

:down: to criticism of bono's looks lately. scrub off.

It was just a bad angle anyway. Look at the rest. Besides Axl's hair was never that short;)

Here is a beautiful example of how good looking Bono is, taken just a few days ago at Naomi Campbell's birthday party in France. (Thanks again Bammo!)

2003beauty.jpg

i don't see what's so horrible. :eyebrow:

the only thing i'd change is unbutton that one button on his jacket. it's unflattering. but other than that, i don't see how he looks fat, or why you'd think or want to say this was axl rose. i don't get it. :scratch:

I don't see how this really matters. You know? Bono is probably one of the greatest human beings of the planet. To me the image stuff doesn't even matter. As long as the great music keeps coming in, that's all that should matter.

P.S. Bono is not fat! That was a horrible angle on that picture. Recent photos I've seen proves he is not fat...

I watched that video of him singing and let me tell you that is one big fat tub of lard! His gut is huge! What a beached whale! But he's still a good singer though!

:shifty:

I MEAN PAVAROTTI!!! :laugh:

Bono is SEXY! :drool: and a good singer too!

hmmmm... I say bad angle for this pic. I also say - get rid of that damn backwards green hat Bono!!!!! Enough already.

yes that hat is rediculous. i should be his stylist. hed wear nothing but black, have short hair and wear dark glasses all the time.

but then again, theres a reason why hes where he is and why im where i am.

Actually...when I looked back a second time at the picture...and thought of some axl pics...Bono did kinda remind me of him...mainly because of the green backwards hat...reminiscent of Axl's bandanas

hibricc said:
Hmm, well I hadn't really intended to say that bono is fat. Frankly, I just saw the picture, and the pose-hat-hair combo looked so darn much like axl that I thought it would be good for a laugh.

Guess I was wrong, eh?:reject:

:lol: at people missing the point and the joke (I got it and laughed--it is a total Axl pose)

How can you honestly tell? Bono is wearing a big coat in that picture, of course he'll look fat in it.

That's just not a good pic to judge him with.

Ok, let's review.

This thread was not intended to be about Bono's weight.

hibricc saw the picture and thought it kind of looked like Axl Rose only bigger (because until recently, Axl was skinny).

Get it?

I can't see the resemblance to Axl Rose, but something about the glasses ?, something else? reminds me a bit of Ozzy Osbourne..ever so slightly.
It is the only photo I have seen from the Pavarotti performance..the colours in that photgraph are so beautiful. Is that an outdoor concert, that plays thru the dusk?It must have been wonderful.
Bono is Bono is beautiful, thru and thru :heart:

joyfulgirl said:
Ok, let's review.

This thread was not intended to be about Bono's weight.

hibricc saw the picture and thought it kind of looked like Axl Rose only bigger (because until recently, Axl was skinny).

Get it?

BUT....there have been so many throw-offs and jokes about Bono's weight, especially from guys, on this and other U2 boards lately, when somebody mentions 'weight' it's going to go there for sure, one way ticket.

Also, Axl has gotten fat, and everyone knows it, so it's kind of like he's saying that Bono is fat, Axl is fat and they're both old and since Bono has this hat and glasses now they're twins now! Even if he didn't mean it that way, it's understandable most message board people would take it that way, considering other recent comments. So it's not like anyone is dumb or doesn't 'get it.' The history preceeded it.

If he REALLY didn't want the 'fat' thing to come into it, why not post something like "hey when did Axl cut his hair and dye it black?" or "I didn't know Axl did Pavarotti and friends!" When weight is brought up, it will cause defensiveness. There has been too much shit over it lately. I honestly can't understand why, though. As we've all said, Bono is beautiful, and NOT FAT!

this is cracking me up

U2Kitten said:

they're both old

EXCUSE ME... :scream:

but if Bono is old, then I am old. And I'm here to tell I am NOT old. I am merely older than you. ;)

Thank you.

Now, back to beating this dead horse's stinking worm-infested rotting carcus with a steel poll (I don't know why I've taken up this crusade, but here I go), yes, we know Axl has put on a few pounds. But to say that Axl has put on weight in this example does not imply necessarily that Bono is fat because Axl and Bono have completely different body types and we remember Axl mostly as a skinny guy, skinnier than any-era Bono. Skinny Axl was skinnier than skinny Bono, and a fat Axl would probably be skinnier than a fat Bono (somebody just shoot me I cannot stop)therefore, I maintain that hibricc was perhaps remembering the Axl of the good old days, and for whatever reason, this picture of Bono reminded her/him of Axl but because of how skinny Axl used to be, he would have had to put on weight to look like Bono in this picture. I don't think s/he was thinking "geez, Bono looks fat in that picture" but rather something more along the lines of "for some reason that kind of reminds me of Axl, only Axl was always a really skinny guy (until recently)."

Ok. This has caused me to work up a big appetite and I need to have a muffin and a double latte immediately. Now everyone carry on with the analysis of Bono's horrible ongoing weight issues. :lol:

Last edited:
i've to actually see hard proof of axl being over weight. i have seen pics of him from 2000 and all i could see was axl wearing baggy clothes. that doesn't say anything at all really.

I thought that image did somewhat look like Axl Rose.

That's all I want to say.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom