Just got joshua Tree Demos from i-tunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chrissybaby said:
I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but why are we sharing officially released material?! I hate these threads that just become pages of begging and emails. Think it lets this community down...

Am I alone in this thought?

I agree that it's really not right to just rip off the songs for nothing, but a lot of us (myself included) will actually buy the ambum either on iTunes -- and just wanted to hear the new songs now -- or in stores, and maybe it's not available yet where they live. For me, I'm getting it for Christmas and I just couldn't bear waiting so long to hear the demos. :wink:

Rosebud said:

I agree that it's really not right to just rip off the songs for nothing, but a lot of us (myself included) will actually buy the ambum either on iTunes -- and just wanted to hear the new songs now -- or in stores, and maybe it's not available yet where they live. For me, I'm getting it for Christmas and I just couldn't bear waiting so long to hear the demos. :wink:

fair play mate, i know we are all fans! It's just these threads are a bit... off, if you know what I mean. You see people with hardly any posts begging for links, it's just not in the spirit of this great community.

Besides, it is illegal at the end of the day. The last thing we need is this site being closed, can you imagine having to use Zootopia! Lots of cease and desist letters are being sent to a lot of communities these days. I just don't want this community to attract unwanted attention, but what do i know!

chrissybaby said:
I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but why are we sharing officially released material?! I hate these threads that just become pages of begging and emails. Think it lets this community down...

Nope, I agree with you and Martha. :|

:down:

chrissybaby said:

Blame the record companies.

Here in Australia we can't get the album in any form for another 2 weeks. No hardcore fan (of any band) is prepared to wait that long for new releases. It's human nature.

In the UK only iTunes customers can buy it. This rules out any fan without a credit card until the CD is in shops in a fortnight.

If the album had a worldwide CD release on the same date this kind of file sharing would be significantly lower - and then I would support your comment 100%. But the record companies have stuffed us with this staggered release timetable.

But in saying that, I would expect almost EVERY single one of the fans asking for an mp3 will still give U2 their A$100 or £30 or US$50 once the CD is available.

chocky said:

If the album had a worldwide CD release on the same date this kind of file sharing would be significantly lower

The movie industry is finally figuring this out. But I think record companies would rather whine and prosecute than solve the problem with creative thinking and decent product.

I like the demos a lot. I'm not a huge fan of Wave of Sorrow (thought I wuld be). I like the two demos better, actually. They're very uplifting and beautiful. It's obvious they're not done, but I think they're great.

Back
Top Bottom