Just got back from the NYC show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, okay, I'll take your word for it....

I see you started a thread in another forum because of the way I introduced myself after the Brooklyn show...v. funny

(btw who the hell is Ron Artest???)....oops, sorry folks - off topic unless of course he's somehow related to U2...:confused:

This has been one of the most awesome weeks of my life...

On Saturday night, the Unforgettable Fire show in Brooklyn ..Thanks Tony, Joe, Craig & George!! You guys ROCK!!!

Monday, the U2 Brooklyn show...being 2 feet from Bono and the flag just blew my mind..It was the experience of a lifetime...Im still on a high from it...and I'm not comin down..downnnnnnn...Im not comin down.....

Tonight...my husband informed me that he paid the balance due on our trip to Jamaica as a birthday present...Hey Mon'...

And today....I just got my dream job that I interviewed for 2 weeks ago...

Like I said....Im not comin downnnnnnnnn.....

Diane L said:
BonoBabe40, buy a lottery ticket! You're on a winning streak!

Congratulations on the job and the vacation!

Thanks Hon...not a bad idea...could use the extra cash to pay for the tour next year..

I wish I had known you decided to go Monday..would have loved to meet up...Us 40-somethings could put those MTV teenagers to shame ;)

Two weeks later...Im still on a high form this show...who's with me?? Ree? Diane? Two Hearts?

Lets keep the moment goin...

Yes, BonoBabe, I'm still a happy woman because I went to the show!!!
I work part-time as a circulation clerk at a public library, and every time a patron takes out a U2 CD I have to tell them ALL about how I went to the show! They're like, "How did you know about it?" but they seem genuinely happy for me, not like " :rolleyes: tell someone who cares!" My co-workers also have been getting a big kick out of the fact that I went. One who is very much into the Stones and Aerosmith was all excited that I was there, and said she would have gone if she'd known about it!
When is the show on MTV, though--Wednesday, or Friday?!?!?

From what Im hearing, its Friday, the 10th at 8pm...a little too long to make us wait to relive it...

I was so tired and then sick in the week after the show that I feel like I've forgotten half of it... heh.

But when I hear any of the songs they played, I'm reminded of how great this new stuff was live... and I can still hear "How do you guys know this shit?" in my mind.

But I am still high from the whole experience. I flew out to New York from West Lafayette (via Indy) and saw my brother, spent the day after wandering Manhattan...

I was next to a guy from South Africa and another guy from Ireland. They had been staying at the same hostel in New York, and one told the other about the concert, and they went together. I don't know if either of them reads this, but if you do, I'm the guy from Purdue who flew out there.

These are my pictures from the show. I wasn't in the front row, but who cares? I've never been that close before.

I am definitely still on a high. I have watched the DVD a few times now, and I am so happy I made the decision to buy it. Definitely worth it, my mind really was not able to retain all the goodness of the show. Can't wait for Friday. An Knox, your pictures are GREAT!!!

:wink:

:sad:

Yes we were... Around this time we were all getting quite nauseous... :p I think they were close to coming over the bridge...

:yes: definatelty still half-high from it, and go back up at times when i hear the songs they plAyed there. :D

Definately get high when i look at the concert photos i printed out from the other thread!

it'll be a while longer before i can get my photos done-- must take to a pro lab, not just the corner drug store in this case.

BUT BIG QUESTION?????????????

is it MTV OR MTV2??!! [fri 10Pm est]

Miroslava said:
Show is at 9:00 according to the schedule at MTV.com

Why they don't have any promos of it yet is :censored: :censored: beyond me...

http://www.mtv.com/onair/schedule/index.jhtml?date=20041210&time=21&submit=Go

:madspit:

yes, sorry... 9PM it is... thanks

but MTV or MTV 2?I went to MTV & MTV2 site's yesterday.

cause on MTV's site it seems to have Jammed listed as an MTV2 show for this fri.See my sis has cable, i don't. She could tape it if it's on mtv.

But MTV2 is a extra pay channel.

I get a grainy MTV2 via the Air. No , I don't know how and _____ in milwaukee also gets it like I do?:huh:

+++++++++++++++++++

OK i just went to your link aND i SEE IT'S ON mtv... oHHHH, gggoooooddddd!
must tell my sis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom