Just finished watching "Trash of the Titans"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
For those of you who don't know that's the episode that U2 guest starred on The Simpsons (what a great show). That was the 2nd or 3rd time I had seen that episode....SO FUNNY! :lol: :laugh: :lmao: Can't resist the musical sequence. Bono and Edge sang great in that song! :wink:

Ah. I love the Simpsons. Add U2 and it just doesn't get any better.

Edge: Going to Moe's for a pint.

Adam: Can I come?

Edge: No.

Adam: Wankers.

I've seen this episode waaaayyyyy too many times. I can pretty much quote the entire episode. :reject:

The sanitation folks,
Are jolly, friendly blokes
Courteous and easygoing!
They mop up when you're overflowing...
And tell you when your arse is showing!

"Can ya dig it!"

Starts the dancing

"Your the real lord of the dance homer"

Pushed offstage

"Don't worry folks, he'll get the help he needs"

And the brilliant Pride going as Homer is being softened up by the security.

Not to mention the "Potato Man" bit, ahh.

I love that episode :D :D I have it on VHS at home but it came on regular tv like a month or so ago...hubby was sleeping and I went to wake him up lmao he wanted to kick my arse!

:ohmy:

Marty! You need to see if you can find it on the net...i'm sure it's there somewhere...i'm sure cos i've seen it somewhere years ago...it's hilarious :D

simpsbar.gif

Bonochick said:

Yes! :lmao:

"Potato man!"

"Where the hell have you been?"

:D

Mr. BAW and I always get strange looks in restaurants when one of us orders a baked potato and we both yell "Potato Man!!"

I think I heard somewhere that the spoon part was just put in there because the writers thought it was funny. There was no basis for it.

pepokiss said:
I don't get some things...

I don't get the Wankers joke

Neither the Spoon one

please explain... :sad:

adam collects spoons... really. honestly.

and as for "wankers," i do believe the people at The Simpsons just wanted to get a dirty word on TV without the ignorant american censors picking up on it... for as Websters tells us...

wank·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wngkr)
n. Chiefly British Vulgar Slang
1. A person who masturbates.
2. A detestable person.

in other words, adam and mr. burns were calling the others a bunch of jerk offs.

Last edited:
I saw this episode today :laugh: (I mean, I've seen it before, but it was on again)

I recognised McGuiness, but who is the woman Homer pushes away "take a hike, Kojak!" before he enters the koncert?

Last edited:
:yes: Atleast, I assume it's the same Susie Smith.

If you can, check the credits at the end of the episode. She's credited right after Paul McGuiness.

pepokiss said:
I don't get some things...

I don't get the Wankers joke

Neither the Spoon one

please explain... :sad:

I guess the Simpsons writers were playing up Adam's underdog role in the band. Every band has one, though it seems the bassists usually fill that role, :hmm:

No no, you forgot the setup.

Bono stops to let Homer speak about being the new sanitation director.

Bono: wait folks, he's talking about waste management, that affects the whole damn planet."

Edge: oh here we go, (then says to Larry) how about we slip out to Moe's for pint?

Adam: Can I come?

Edge: No.

Adam: wankers, *then strums his guitar while whistling*

----------

THis is just rumour, but it's said, Adam was spotted buying a sovenier spoon, (before Simpsons episode), somehow it got to the writers, and they figured he collects them. Pretty funny if that was the first time he ever bought one.

Back
Top Bottom