Just bought U2 iPod - have ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONOfidefan

Babyface
Hi - I just bought the newer U2 iPod today (unexpected bonus from work today woohoo) and I was searching the Apple store to see if you can still get that special U2 collection download for $100. I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if that was a limited time thing or what? I have all the albums, but still feel the need to go all the way and get the unreleased stuff and all.

Thanks for any help! Am I asking in the right spot? Sorry if not. :uhoh:

In Itunes go to Browse-
in genere go to rock
in subgenere go to rock & roll
then in the next box click on U2......
it will take you there........
Enjoy!

It's still available. You need to find the main U2 page and look for the box set option, once you click it you'll even see the option for "if you have a coupon"

make sure you get a good case as the ipod will scratch as soon as you touch it!

I highly recommend the Agent18 case.. do a google search for it.

Gen. Chat said:
I noticed that Pop is only $6.99 through iTunes. Bargain? :eyebrow:

I don't know, I noticed Alien Ant Farm's truANT is also only $6.99... do they do that for albums that didn't sell well, or what?

u2wedge said:
make sure you get a good case as the ipod will scratch as soon as you touch it!

I highly recommend the Agent18 case.. do a google search for it.

i'm actually pretty against the clear plastic cases.
I had one for ages and initially i loved it but what happens is dirt and stuff gets between the ipod and the case and scratches over time with the smallest of movements within the case.
i also found the signatures on the back scratched themselves onto the case and it got to look quite scruffy and dirty quite quickly.

so what i initially thought was a great protector actually left quite a few scrathces on it and obvioulsy the wheel gets no protection. a little while ago i had to have my ipod replaced and got an Incase red/black leather case for it instead. its got a clear back so you can see the signatures and obviously the colour scheme matches - not only does it look way more stylish but after 3 months there's barely a mark on my ipod which is a massive improvement after the clear hard case.

Hi, I have another question, can anyone help? I tried to find the answer and couldn't. If you purchase the Complete U2 download from iTunes, can it be installed on more than one iPod? My sister and I both bought one yesterday and were hoping we get "share" the itunes purchase. Wishful thinking??

Any help is much appreciated!

BONOfidefan said:
Hi, I have another question, can anyone help? I tried to find the answer and couldn't. If you purchase the Complete U2 download from iTunes, can it be installed on more than one iPod? My sister and I both bought one yesterday and were hoping we get "share" the itunes purchase. Wishful thinking??

Any help is much appreciated!

You can authorize your itunes purchases onto 5 computers and if you're using the same itunes its even easier. You can definately download all of your tunes onto as many ipods as you want.

I just purchased the U2 iPod tonight as well. I bought a 10 GIG in 2003 which has started to get too small for me size wise and the battery is starting to go. I also wanted to get one before they ran out at Amazon and started appearing on Ebay for tons of dough (which I'm sure will happen in a couple years). $279.99 no tax, free shipping. Plus, it's the one with iPhoto and color screen. Glad I waited. My buddy bought one last year and it was $329.99 with shipping and it wasn't the color, iPhoto version like the one I just got. Pays to wait I guess.

The video thing isn't a big deal to me (for those that suggest I should've purchased that one for the same price).

Last edited:
That's what I paid, I got my from Comp USA. I did pay for next day shipping though, I had it in less than 24 hours from the time I ordered. Had the complete U2 collection downloaded in those 24 hours too, thanks to everyone's help here, also got it on my sister's, so thanks a ton! I just ordered the black iTrip too, I got two of them (taking care of little sis), with 2 day shipping and found a discount coupon and they ended up being $26 (including tax), each, that's a good price, considering the best I found in stores yesterday was $39.99+ tax, and they only carry white. So check that out on Amazon, it's a must have for the car!

I'm annoyed that I bought the old U2 iPod in May this year in New York!

BONOfidefan said:
I just ordered the black iTrip too, I got two of them (taking care of little sis), with 2 day shipping and found a discount coupon and they ended up being $26 (including tax), each, that's a good price, considering the best I found in stores yesterday was $39.99+ tax, and they only carry white. So check that out on Amazon, it's a must have for the car!

You may want to get a car charger too. I've got the iTrip and it sucks the life out of the battery like there's no tomorrow.

I'm not a big fan of the iTrip. I don't live in that big of a city, but I've yet to find a station that doesn't give me static along with the music. It sucks up the battery, and it's not very reliable on long drives. I've tried using a cassette tape attachment from an old discman, and the sound quality and battery life is much better.

Hey is there anyone out there who bought the U2 ipod and then saw the U2 Ipod color display one and wanted to/is going to, buy that one too?!?!

because i want to..
one for my car, and one for on go..

if i still have my old coupon can i get an accumulated discount of both coupons on one sale of those 400 songs..

Hi! I just got my U2 iPod yesterday, and noticed this thread tonight. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions! I'm so excited to have this, and to begin to download tons of songs!!

if you want to use the iPod in the car then i think the best option is buying one of those tapes. I dont know what they are called, search for cassette adaptor or something, but basically you put the tape in the tape player and put the wire from the tape player into the ipod headphone jack...

even if you dont have a tape player i imagine they are dirt cheap on eBay.

I do have a tape player in my car,

but is the quality even better compareed to the iTrip FM transmission???

It helps if you actually download the itrip progam to your itunes properly. I know quite a few people that purchased the itrip and just plugged it in their ipod expecting it to work perfectly. As for the battery issue, I don't have an itrip that is sucking the life out of my ipod. I find it works quite well.

Back
Top Bottom