Just an idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarvark

Acrobat
U2 songs often go in a very different direction when they are played in tour. Keys change, verses get added, progressions get screwed with.

Often a time it seems like fans, the general public, and u2 often prefer the new "tweaked song" after it's done alittle touring and the bad have gotten to really play around with it, see reactions, and just fool with each other in a comfortable stage setting.

I think it might help the general quality (I dont mean that there is no quality, dont take this as something it isnt) of some songs if U2 played a few of them in the tour preceeding an album release. That why they could get a sense about how fun they are to play, what happens to the song live, and maybe what direction to go with them.

I realize this might mean for an entirly new tour structure and creative timeline, but I think this would be neat.

I've thought for some time that it would be a cool idea if, before an album, U2 did some kind of mini-tour especially for the diehards (maybe theatres sold to fanclub members only?) and played new material just like you suggested, to find out how to works and what's best.

Of course, such a tour probably wouldn't be that long and songs would continue to evolve post-album release, but it could prove influential.

Pearl Jam has done this in the past. Obviously the album release would not be as exciting, but the quality is probably better.

Bluer White said:
Pearl Jam has done this in the past. Obviously the album release would not be as exciting, but the quality is probably better.

Thats a really good point, I do love the anticipation.

On the otherhand, we would not have 50 different keys for Pride.

Back
Top Bottom